• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Iron Ranger

Devastating News

Iron Ranger

Here we were all set to go out to South Dakota to visit our son, daughter in law and Granddaughter this weekend. Now we are going out there for a funeral. Our son's best friend (29 years old) passed away this morning in a plane crash. All four in the plane were killed when they struck a wind turbine outside Pierre SD. Our son's friend and his family took John (our son) under their wing when he took the job in SD straight out of college. Our son drove his friends father to the crash site this morning. The FAA is investigating. It looks like heavy rain and a low ceiling are to blame for the crash.

I have Pheasant hunted and fished out there with our son's friend and his father on the farms that they own. They have fished up at our place in No. MN also.

Our son's friend was his best man at his wedding and vice versa at his friends wedding. Our son's friend was the Godfather for our Granddaughter.

Our son's friend's wife is two months pregnant with their first child.

It's just devastating and so sad.

Any prayers would be nice.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

Some Old Guy

So so sorry. My thoughts are with you, your family, your son, his friends family and especially to his best friends wife and child.

Roger.

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Iron Ranger

Thank you

It's going to be a tough wake and funeral.

I'll never forget the sh## eating grin he had on his face at times. It was like he found the secret to opening the cookie jar.

I had my concerns when our son fresh out of college moved out there for his job. That family basically took him in to their family. It's going to be a tough few days.

I'm still shocked.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

Bunnyfoofoo

Our families prayers are with you.

• Like 1

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot!

Iron Ranger

Thank you

The plane was returning from Texas. They bought a couple Bulls to have shipped up to South Dakota.

It was a four seater Cessna.

pastor norm

my condolences to you and to his family...

• Like 1

Castnblast

canadian condolences here ranger ...

sounds like it is time to celebrate a life lived with verve

• Like 1

thefisher

Sorry to hear thoughts and prayers with you all!

Fishbum

Our thoughts and pray's are with you guys!! thats very sad news... were sorry to hear that Iron :(

Gone8to1248

Our thoughts and prayers go with you.

Lyle Reiner

Thoughts and prayers for your family and theirs

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Resource Pimp

Sorry to hear, Thoughts and prayers to your families.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

WalleyeWayne

That's horrible! My thoughts and condolences with their family and yours.

Iron Ranger

Thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. It was a very hard wake and funeral for all who knew him. They had to have the funeral in the schools gym because of the huge turn out.

On the humorous side, I bagged a Pheasant (in my truck grill). Looks like a new grill is in order. It looks like this next fall is going to be a banner season. We must have seen over 50 birds driving a 20 mile stretch of road.