• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lyle Reiner

Flipping and pitching

Lyle Reiner

I know it's a widely used largemouth technique. But do many of you bass guys do it for smallies? Not looking for spots or for lures, just taking stock of different techniques

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

flybum

i have flipped and pitched for smallies. i had great success . Caught lots of walleye while doing it as well!

That being said, i haven't done it in a LONG time, but when i was doing it, i was pulling them out of the sticks.

Bear

Of course, smallies and largies will often times occupy the same waters and structure. They will also hit the same baits.

I have often pulled smallies and largies from the same spot on the same bait.

Bear

Gone8to1248

Pretty common method used down south here in and around marina's and docks an such for getting your baits up under things. Because a lot of our waters has both green fish and brown fish you'll pick-up both species. Normally used with a short rod 6' to 6'6" and a stout line for dragging the fish out from under docks.

pbear

Even though people aren't thrilled when you fish around docks it is a great technique. Instead of fishing docks I flipped around the back of boats Ina campground and cleaned up on the bass. Especially mid week when boats hadn't been moved for a few days.

Lyle Reiner

People can't really say much about dock fishing. They don't own the water!

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

fisherdude

They're probably most worried about stepping on hooks while swimming which is understandable but they really can't do anything about people fishing by their docks n stuff anyway.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I think another worry is people accidentally snagging the dock, boat covers, lawn chairs. Etc. If you have the confidence and accuracy to fish a dock without the risk of wandering casts. I agree, fish the heck out of it. I would too. That said. I usually try to skip under them after working the outer edges of it with the flipping and pitching method. If it's a floating dock, I may weight one end of a senko so it glides a few feet under the dock on the drop. Might take a few casts to get it to go the right way, but it's a great method to get an angled drop.

James01

I have used flipping/pitching for walleye... I have found them tight to shore on a number of occasions, amid rock and wood. On a lake or two I fish its typically the technique I try when the usual techniques/places don't pan out.

I also like the technique for PIke... its doesn't often produce monsters, but I have found it a good way to land numbers. Hook a decent PIke close to shore and you need a stout rod to pull it out from cover.

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau