• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Johnnyreid

Salmon

McGinnis_Fishing

I heard Nipigon river is producing!

pastor norm

Congrats on your Scotty product!

Please keep your wire cutters handy in case you snag a reef in the wind.

pastor norm

Yes... I was wondering myself...

I heard some salmon were being caught beyond the breakwall.

I want to test my new moonshine lures and coho killers on small flashers.

I will be heading to Silver Islet myself this week.

Partners are welcome for gas money.

• Like 1

Guest Hauntedyards

Switching the steel cable to 65lb suffix performance braid. 6lb downrigger weight on snubber. I'd rather go through weights than turtle out on the lake. I have a 6lb fish shaped weight mold I can cast my own.

Very tempting on the fishing for gas money offer. When were you thinking? I'm itching to try out my wigglefin switchblade flasher system and mooching reel. lol

pastor norm

I am the retired guy. I expect to be out silver islet next week

pastor norm

I am the retired guy. I expect to be out silver islet next week

tequila shooter

I ll be out there next week also! I am on holidays and working around the camp, may even get a chance to hit the water if the winds are right. Still have to put my boat lift in and get the boat in the water. I ll be the guy crying because my daughter is catching all the fish.

Johnnyreid

Was able to catch a couple out front of break wall. Wasn't great fishing but it was nice to see some fish.

Kaptain Kirk

Any Body Been Out This Week Yet? Just wandering if the water Temperature has Warmed up, and if the Fish are starting to Hit out there,. Thanks KK

Kaptain Kirk

Any Body Been Out This Week Yet? Just wandering if the water Temperature has Warmed up, and if the Fish are starting to Hit out there,. Thanks KK

Johnnyreid

I was out last Thursday or Friday. Water was pretty cold. 49 in front of break wall and colder as we went out.

Junior

I was out last night for a quick couple of hours of fishing. I was more interested to see the water temps as I'm planning on getting out a few times this weekend.

The surface temp just outside the breakwall was 56 degrees.

The surface temp at the Cape and on the Flats past the Welcomes ranged from 49 to 51 degrees. At 50' down I was seeing temps ranging from 44 to 47 degrees.

The water is still a little cold but hopefully the south wind will help bring some warmer temps this weekend.

Has anybody had much luck towards the south? I was wondering if it was worth trying Trout Bay this weekend.

Thanks,

Keith

sinker7

Was south(LTB and BTB) of the city on Tuesday. Most of the water was 44-47F.

Kaptain Kirk

WAS OUT LAST NIGHT OUT OFF BREAK WALL, ONE SALMON ABOUT 3 LBS, NO OTHER HITS, SURFACE TEMPERATURE WAS 58.8

fishingfinn

Been out a couple times around the break wall and Silver Harbour. Cant seem to connect with any salmon, only getting some lake trout. Surface temps this morning were 43-50 degrees. How's everyone else been doing for salmon? It seems to be slow going so far, not marking much for bait balls.

Johnnyreid

I was able to catch a few during week but definetly pretty slow. I have been planning a black bay day but with the wind and work I haven't been able to get out there. I've heard of a few people doing decent there but really haven't heard of lots of success.

tequila shooter

I was out for 2 hours and got one Lake Trout and one Salmon 9.17 lbs.

post-1366-0-22500500-1404249817_thumb.jp

sinker7

Nice fish 'tequila shooter'!

Was out today south of the city. The wind yesterday really made a mess of things. The water temp dropped considerably from last week. 40-43F in most areas but did go as low as 38F in a few spots.

Junior

I was out Saturday between the Welcomes and Pie Island. Water temps were still cold but we were able to pick up 1 rainbow, 1 salmon and 3 lakers.

We had better luck on Monday fishing south of the city as we picked up 2 nice salmon and 1 laker during an afternoon fish.

All the Salmon that I have caught so far have been hitting the spoon around the 40-50' depth.

Going to try again this weekend and hope the fishing picks up a little.

tequila shooter

Thanks Sinker7. When we were out in the morning the temps closer to shore were 55.6 degrees, but when we got out in the deeper water it was 53.3 degrees. started out with rigger set at 17 feet and kept going down until we started getting hits. Most were between 27' and 29'. Just waiting to get my bigger boat back for camp, a 14 foot just isn't safe when the winds are out of the south.

tequila shooter

I am running 8 lb fish, and have used 10 pancake weights

sinker7

I use 2 - 10lb fish with bent tails and the old fashion 10lb ball. No issues except when fishing deeper water 75ft+ at faster speeds or in rougher water.