• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Johnnyreid

Salmon

pastor norm

Went out to Silver Islet and caught zilch salmon. Three beer belly lakers

and one fish that ran strong but shook off. What's this world coming too?

Will try near the border or in wide open water next.

Junior

I was out at Turtle Head Saturday morning for 6 hours. I managed to catch one 6.5 lbs salmon and a couple of lakers. I was marking quiet a bit of fish at the 70 FOW and a few in the 40-50 FOW range.

I'm not sure where I'm going to try next but I was wondering when do the salmon start staging in front of the rivers here in Thunder Bay? I'm fishing the Wawa Salmon Derby in a couple of weeks and the salmon are usual staged out in front of the rivers in Wawa by then.

Is It the same here?

tbayfinn

Gave deep open water a try a few km out from Little Trout Bay on glass like water on Saturday and picked up one lean laker at about 40 feet down. No salmon though.... Saw a big fish surfacing but didn't get to see what it was. Marking lots of baitfish at depth (I think).

fishman1

must be in Wally-World.... Lots of fish this year, put about 100 in the boat. But sure are a lot of nice Steelhead keepers this year.

People apply the same old tactics to catch these salmon for 30 plus years, You got to get with the times and try different things from around the world... tust me it works, Salmon, trout and steelhead... lots of fish in this part of the world all summer just need to trigger them... and yes even hatchery salmon, 11 in my boat this year all released. Only one tagged rainbow which we put on the BBQ.

involved with the hatchery are we?? Hahaha I call BS

fishman1

I speak with Archie almost daily, he can't find salmon for his clients, terrible year. You must be the best, let him know what the secret is.

He is on the water 6-12 hours a day and can't find them.

• Like 1