• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RH.

What is this?

RH.

post-1638-0-25549600-1402364863_thumb.jppost-1638-0-13267800-1402364935_thumb.jppost-1638-0-81369300-1402365020_thumb.jp

This trailer of some sort has been rusting away in the bush as long as ive been alive but i decided to tow it home and make a trailer out of it, just wondering if someone can identify what it was used for? It has 2 big springs on the back on the top and has a regular ball hitch for a tractor maybe

Resource Pimp

Shaped like a boat. Looks to me like a portage rig where instead of the boat on a trailer type rig, that the boat is attached and hung from this rig.

• Like 1

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

eyelander

Good on you for hauling that out of the bush. I agree with Resource Pimp, my first thought was it was used for transporting gear or boats over a portage because there is no axle between the wheels to get hung up on anything/everything. Flip the boat over and put it on top or hang it under the device between the wheels.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

RH.

Is there any farming tools that could have been used on it? I found it around where a old farm used to be many years ago so i thought maybe it was used to farm

levi64

There has got to be a farm website or something like that on the web where you can post pics and likely get an answer in minutes.. I m pretty sure all your gonna get here are some pretty good guesses. Very interesting piece of equipment though. If it came from an old farm its more than likely farm equipment. If you find out how about posting the answer, kind of wondering now. Good luck with your trailer project.

levi64

Yep there is a wack of sites.. I just punched in Antique farm equipment identification and got a bunch of sites, some with pics.

RH.

I tried googling and it did not come up with anything close to what i was looking for, i will look again though

Lyle Reiner

You being from Dorion makes it a possibility that it came from the mining industry. With the springs it could be suspension for some wash plant or drill?

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

RH.

I would think that too, or maybe something to do with logging.

RH.

I showed this trailer to my grandfather and he knew instantly what it was, it is a boat trailer that had the boat hanging from the springs and hanging from the bar in the front, the springs were so your boat did not get all banged up since there is no suspension on the trailer

levi64

Thanks for comming back with the answer.. I was curious.