• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

Let's start a tips thread!

fisherdude

Here's a good one, don't rely on what tips you hear around the rivers, lakes etc. People tend to stretch the truth or totally try and send you the wrong way.

fishingfinn

ALWAYS carry a roll of toilet paper...I don't dare leave the house without it. Nothing stirs up trouble better than some McDonalds breakfast and coffee on the way to the lake.

• Like 1

Some Old Guy

Ahh yes toilet paper. It's also good to get rid of that mid afternoon moisture! Ha Ha

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest 2112

ALWAYS carry a roll of toilet paper...I don't dare leave the house without it. Nothing stirs up trouble better than some McDonalds breakfast and coffee on the way to the lake.

too many times I have found myself without toilet paper. i keep one roll in a ziplock in the car and one in my fishing bag. you can never be too careful. best advice so far fishingfinn! to collaborate with your advice, if you are going to be on a couple day fishing or hunting adventure, baby wipes.. might as well call it a shower in a bag. say goodbye chafe. man I hate chafe!

Trevor Zimak

The best tip I can give is that when in a tournament and you see Ryan Piaskowski (a.k.a. "Stud Miffin") and Lyle Reiner (a.k.a. "Honeybunches") fishing in your spot ... well... you know you're in the wrong area!! :smiley-laughing025:

• Like 1

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

aaaahhhhhhhh.
Zimak is upset we stole his thunder by boxing the leader-board at Gtown.

he took top spot, we took bottom....true story!!

I think more people noticed our 0 over his win,
he still hasn't gotten over it. its sad really.

1 is a lonely number , 115 not so much

see ya friday on the water mr Z !!!!!

• Like 1

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

johnr

Cut the down running hook on the treble located on the underbelly of your rapalas off. Won't affect the action and dramatically reduces the hang ups. Thought everybody knew this next one but had a young friend in the boat last summer who hadn't seen an elastic band around the handle of a fishing rod used for many things including securing the rod tip [broken down] when travelling.

Bobber Down

Watch the birds. They know where the bait fish are.

post-1835-0-05669000-1403004775_thumb.jp

post-1835-0-05809300-1403004809_thumb.jp

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Gone8to1248

I would like to share this spot with the guys in SSS. This spot is hot and see's a lot of action. 48degrees 37'01.95"N 90degrees 11' 12.10W. I'm sure a lot of guys will try it out! Remember keep your distance while you are there!

Bernie

Monks

Use the small Tylenol or Advil plastic bottles to store your various swivels, snap swivels and beads.

For storing plastic bait bags use the CDN tire plastic bins at 2.99 a piece vs the manufactured worm bags or plastic options.

For those with a spouse at home... Leave a prepaid $visa gift card, she or he will be happy.

Bear

Ok this is not a rod and reel or tackle tip but it can save you some serious cash. If you own a Terrova motor, be sure to slide down the steer collar all the way to the bottom when you lift the motor. I know it is a pain in the butt to do every time you move, but if you use some Armour All ( get some Armour All wipes and keep them in your boat) on the shaft in an up and down motion (you guys should be good at this) it will make the steer collar slide up and down very easily.

I have changed three shafts so far this year from people thinking the motor is locked in and it falls down when they are running. It can also whiplash your I pilot and case damage to it also. Replacement cost of a shaft with labour is over $300.00. If you bend the armature, break the prop, or screw up your I pilot, bring lots of cash.

Have a safe season

Bear

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Any reason in particular that my posts have been removed?

fisherdude

I think u posted them in the limits everytime thread if I'm not mistaken

Ahhh! I found them!....in the...lake trout thread....hmmm. Note to self... Lay off the pilsner. My apologies.

fisherdude

I could be wrong, but I know I saw then somewhere.

If there's anyway someone can move them to the proper thread that would be great, if not, well at least one tip touched on lakers.

arvey

I don't know how many of you slip float fish . I do and have for many years. here's a couple of tips for you. say your fishing a hump or rock pile that tops out at 5 ft. drops to 10 ft , you anchored the boat in deeper water. set up your slip float and use your rod as a measuring stick , if i'm using a 7 ft rod i'll put the stopper at the top bring my hook down to the end that will put my bait at 7 ft . another way to check your depth is put a heavy sinker on your hook , drop your line over the boat .the weight of your sinker will pull bobber under water , reel the rod tip down to the water then lift your rod up when your float comes up the distance between your rod tip and float is how far your bait is off the bottom.