• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bobber Down

St. Croix rods............say whaaaaat!!

Bobber Down

Yesterday after the excitement of netting a nice Walleye I stepped on my St. Croix Legend Extreme 7ft medium light 2 piece rod. SNAP, oh what a terrible sound. Just as terrible was looking in horror at this 7 inch piece of now useless rod tip hanging from my now more or less useless Walleye sniffer. Well it's a Walleye sniffer as long as Roger isn't in the boat with me. lol

Anyway, after beating myself up for being so stupid and careless I decided to call St. Croix and see if I could buy a new top section. The nice lady I spoke to, Vicky was her name, asked what happened and after a short chuckle asked for the serial number on the rod and put me on hold for a minute to check to see if they had a top section in stock.

"Yes, we have that in stock" she said and after taking all my shipping info said that she would have it on it's way to me today. I had my credit card handy to give her for the cost whatever it would be and when I asked her how much she said, well, seeing it's a fairly new rod "NO CHARGE" not even a shipping charge I asked. Not even a shipping charge, she said.

Say Whaaaaat!!!

How can you beat that for service?

I'm a happy St. Croix customer. :)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

eddylives

Ohhhh.....that sucks.....

Hey.......that's cool of them lol.....all is well

I too did a silly move years ago with a rod I built myself from scratch.

But I snapped the lower section and there was no repair :(:angry2:

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

Some Old Guy

Right on! I also like St Croix rods.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

levi64

I stepped on my Ugly Stick a few times,, nothing :huh:

• Like 1

Some Old Guy

Get a bite on an Ugly Stik,, nothing! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! JK

Roger

• Like 1

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

The_Outdoorsman

speaking of st croix rods... one of my eyes near the top (i believe 2 down) got squished.... i have a replacement eye that i can switch on but i am not really sure how to do it or how hard it is... if anyone has ever done a repair like this some tips would be much appreciated.

Lyle Reiner

St croix did the same for me too. Awesome service!

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

brookiebuster

Good to know! Have multiple St Croix rods and knock on wood none have been broken.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

TroutHunter

snapped the top half of my avid this wknd, haven't even had it a year!... I'll have to give them a call monday and hopefully get the same service you all have been speaking of.

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

Heisenberg

Agreed: +1 for awesome customer service!

Snapped the tip of my Rio Santo fly rod within a month of buying it. This thread served as a reminder to "make the call". Tip section is on it's way ...free of charge, including shipping! This will undoubtedly influence future buying decisions.

H.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Do you think they could replace a tip on a St. Croix that is 3-4 years old? Worth a call I guess. Just wondering if anyone knows if it is too old. It's a 9 ft triumph. Lost the tip half, have been sad ever since.

hookset

I've had the same service with my browning fly rod and reel. that was many years ago. Who is to say if it is the same now. I will consider st croix for my next rod with service like that.

Bobber Down

Received my new top section this afternoon. Outstanding service!! Thank you St. Croix.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!