• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bighotdog

Stuffing Fish

Bighotdog

Just wondering where the best place to stuff a fish would be? Also does anyone know roughly what it should cost me to stuff a Four pound Bass. This was my daughters first fish ever so I thought seeing as I have a bit of extra wall space downstairs I would get this thing stuffed.( Barbie strikes again.)

Guest hardcorefishn

Try Don's Taxidermy, he is out on Eldorado Beach Road and I've seen some of his work and it's amazing!! My cuz mounted a 21 inch Smallie and it looks better than the picture. I've seen Smallies, Perch, and Brookies done by Don and they all look great. I believe Don charges $9 an inch, don't quote me on that, but it's somewhere around that.

Don's Taxidermy - 983-2818.

hardcorefishn

Domer

I agree. I wouldn't take it anywhere else. Don's Taxidermy is by far the best.

AB

I agree. I wouldn't take it anywhere else. Don's Taxidermy is by far the best.

Have you considered getting a replica?

They cost about the same and are much more durable then a skin mount. I have several skin mounts they are nowhere near as durable as a replica. Another replica benefit is the paint will never fade like skin mounts can. And the skin will never crack as is sometimes the case after a time.

Check out Advanced Taxidermy in Caledon, they are very very impressive when it comes to faking fishes!

Just a thought.

iceman

Guest TerryK

Have you considered getting a replica?

They cost about the same and are much more durable then a skin mount. I have several skin mounts they are nowhere near as durable as a replica. Another replica benefit is the paint will never fade like skin mounts can. And the skin will never crack as is sometimes the case after a time.

Check out Advanced Taxidermy in Caledon, they are very very impressive when it comes to faking fishes!

Just a thought.

iceman

I agree. replicas are the way to go these days. All you need is a picture of the fish and some measurements and you're good to go. That way, you can release the fish and still have the trophy. Everybody wins!