• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dgainer

DIP NETTING FOR WHITEFISH

sinker7

The run is over. It is short lived. It lasts about one week at best. You still might get some stragglers but don't expect to fill the cooler.

• Like 1

sinker7

I'll take some smoked whitefish sinker7 ;)

Coming to the meeting Tuesday night??? Might just have some.

• Like 1

Zackcorbin1401

Has anyone gone out this year yet or is it to early?

Dirttracker18

Running right now. My parents live out Hwy 61 near Sturgeon Bay and are getting them.

The Great Outdoors

sinker7

Went Friday night ... it was insane977272281_IMG_0066001001(1).thumb.jpg.32ba084aa86885eda3684ce3b62b542a.jpg!!!

• Like 2

oyo

I went on Lake Superior Sunday night, it was a little slow but I got my limit. What inland lake did you go to with lunkers like that.

Trout05

Never bin whitefish netting was looking at trying it what do you look for when targeting them shallow rocky shores ?

sinker7
11 hours ago, oyo said:

I went on Lake Superior Sunday night, it was a little slow but I got my limit. What inland lake did you go to with lunkers like that.

Thanks for the compliment but I don't think these were lunkers. Only 3 were larger females and the rest were males in the 2.5lb range. Which I am very good with. Guessing we hit the beginning of the run. He is a pic from a few years back of my Dad with a single limit we took home from the same lake. It must have been mid-run as some of the bigger fish were females pushing 6lbs. Sorry .... all I can say is it is a lesser known lake trout lake in the Atikokan area full of whities.

000_0010.jpg