• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jasmine_334

rabbit recipes?

Jasmine_334

Anyone know any good ways to cook rabbit?? I read online that slow cooking it or just shake N bake in a pan may also work but I'm not to sure anyone have any ideas?

Thefishleclair

I slow boil them. Let the pot water cool then take out rabbit. And peal meat off the bones. Make a soup by using new water andall yer veggies then add rabbit meat.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Foozer

Roasted!!

Shake on seasoning salt, lightly brown in roast pan on stove top, lay slices of bacon across quarters, add quartered onion and some baby carrots and add a shot of boiling water ( to not burn off drippings).

Roll pieces a couple times (every 20 min until done). Make gravy with drippings. Gravy is usually a little lumpy, but delicious.

Serve with mashed potatoes, peas, and/or corn.

Adjust cooking time depending on if rabbit is wild (smaller) or tame/store bought.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

Mr. Canoehead

I've had it different ways but only one way that I ever LOVED it. You need to make a proper stew.

I don't have a recipe on hand but find a recipe that follows the same process as this:

Quarter the rabbit.

Fry bacon in a big cast iron and put it aside.

Bread the rabbit quarters and brown them in the bacon grease then set them aside.

Now add you onions, shallots, or whatever and caremelize them.

Now add a cup of red wine, red wine vinnegar or strong beer along with your herbs and spices and deglaze all that yummy gunk from the pan (Red wine is my favorite).

Once it is all mixed you can add the bacon and the browned rabbit quarters.

Reduce heat, cover the cast iron, and simmer for as long as it takes until that juicy meat is falling of the bone. At least an hour.

Serve with some nice bread for dipping in the gravy. I like those pilsbury oven ones haha.

pbear

Can someone tell me how to make dumplings with the rabbit stew. My grandmother used to make it but has long passed away. Every attempt has been a disappointment thus far.

Bobber Down

Can someone tell me how to make dumplings with the rabbit stew. My grandmother used to make it but has long passed away. Every attempt has been a disappointment thus far.

A quick check with Dr. Google shows many tasty recipe's for dumplings. Here is one that gets many great reviews. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/dumplings/

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!