• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

BirchPoint2014

need some good boots for hard water fishin

BirchPoint2014

i'm in need of purchasing good boots for the ice this year anybody have any recommendations as what are simply the best boot for the ice

BirchPoint2014

CEO & COO of Birch Point Resort 

Kashabowie, ON

ROCKWOOD BAIT

My bait trapper swears by muck boots and he is out lots and good for spring winter and fall. They are guarenteed for a year and here is a link to a local retailer.

http://www.thunderbayfeeds.com/bob.shtml

Hope this helps, Gary

rockwoodbait.jpg

wallyP

I recommend the cabelas pac boots I have a pair they are unbelievable warm and light weight and the price isn't to bad plus they always are on sale

• Like 1

Guest doddzy

since a friend recommended these muck boots acrtic pro model rated to -60 my 2 pairs of baffins have been collecting dust the last couple of years, thunder bay feeds only sells them

post-585-0-82584200-1416619314_thumb.jpg

sinker7

Purchased a pair of Baffin boots from Intercity Industrial two years ago. They are the rubber boot style, steel toed and rated to -100. After last year I swear by them. No cold feet and no cracks in the rubber on the flex/bend areas. Best $120. I have spent on ice fishing gear.

brookiebuster

I have a few different pairs of baffins. Have a pair if the rubber/steel toe and the big clunky industrial pair. Tend to use the rubber ones the most. Never had cold toes with them.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

James01

Purchased a pair of Baffin boots from Intercity Industrial two years ago. They are the rubber boot style, steel toed and rated to -100. After last year I swear by them. No cold feet and no cracks in the rubber on the flex/bend areas. Best $120. I have spent on ice fishing gear.

I have these as well... minus the steel toes. My best piece of ice fishing gear... rubber keeps the feet dry, and the -100 rating keeps the feet warm.

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau

The_Outdoorsman

baffin boots are what i use and they do a good job

TroutHunter

baffin rubber boots from gear up for outdoors.... good to -100, never had cold feet while on the ice! comfortable too...

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

Porkchop21

I'm with sinker7 and joks 110%. I have a pair of the Baffin rubber steel toed boots from superior safety and have never had cold feet since, they are a little heavy though. My fiancée has always had cold feet and tried numerous boots from her, however since she has had the same pair as me she hasn't had cold feet since (4 years). I was recently introduced to a pair of Nats from a friend, and let me tell you they are the best boots I have ever owned. They are so warm but so light they feel like your wearing running shoes. I have been wearing my Nats for a month already out hunting. Wore them all winter last year ice fishing and never had a problem. Nats are the only boots I will purchase from now on.

pbear

I have a pair of Irish Setter Rutmasters with 1500 g of insulation. I did use them last year for both deer hunting and ice fishing. I do not recommend them for ice fishing if you are using a snowmobile however. When you hook your feet under the footrests it damages the boots. If you use a quad or walk on, they did the job.

SherpaJ

I've owned many pairs of boots because of my poor circulation in my feet and the big Baffin Polar Proven boots are the only ones I've ever been impressed with. They're big and heavy, like moon boots, but they get get the job done, even when sitting in the stand all day in December.

I've owned the muck boots and they are a dream to wear but they are not nearly as warm as they say they are. Mine are rated to -40 but I wouldn't dare wear them in anything below zero even with two pairs of the best socks on. They come with a one year warranty because that's exactly as long as they last. Mine are two years old now and I've been having to glue them back together everytime for almost the past year.

The Irish setter rutmaster boots were hands down the worst boot I ever bought.... Bought them at the end of April and were leaky before walleye opener and had ten holes in them by the end of May. All I used them for was standing up in the boat all day, everyday. Then I had to fight with them just to get my money back. I bought a 12 dollar pair of rubber boots from Walmart to replace them and they lasted right to the end of the season. With that said though, I had a pair of Irish setter snake boots for four years and absolutely loved them. Surprisingly warm!

I think I'll be buying the Nat's soon since my mucks are basically useless now, and I'm in need of new spring/fall boots. A friend had his pair for four years before he poked a hole in them and the shoe goop he used to fix it has held for over a year now Hahah.

johnr

I bought a pair of mossy oak Itasca 1000 when they went on sale at Canadian tire that I was hoping would fit the bill for slush/cold.....They are heavy but very high [just below the knee] and to date very warm??? Can I expect them to crack, leak or fall apart when winter makes its stranglehold. If so I'll just put them aside for the other three seasons and go back to my sorels....

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Ya I wrecked my hunting boots sledding from toe hooks . any of those goretex boots will get ruined from rubbing . I now use my klim riding boots for ice fishing but I always have shelter and heater . . I may try those baffins as my riding boots wouldn't take all day outside standing if it's low 20s

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Guest Munshaw

The only thing I found with the Baffin boots is the ones with the buckles are too loose, and they loosen the more you walk in them. I had a pair for a year, then returned them (yes, they gave me full return value) and paid to upgrade to the Apex, which the leather upper, but more importnatly are lace-up. They stay nice and snug and never loosen. They're also a little narrower at the top so you're snow pants can go over them easier. I don't like the ones where the top is too wide, and your snow pants have to go inside them. Snow always gets in. They're not cheap though.

If I had to do it over again I probably would try the Cabelas 2000 Inferno pac boots... the camo ones look awesome. Nothing wrong with the Baffins at all, but the Cabela's ones are like $80 cheaper.

Mr. Canoehead

I bought a pair of mossy oak Itasca 1000 when they went on sale at Canadian tire that I was hoping would fit the bill for slush/cold.....They are heavy but very high [just below the knee] and to date very warm??? Can I expect them to crack, leak or fall apart when winter makes its stranglehold. If so I'll just put them aside for the other three seasons and go back to my sorels....

I bought the 800's on sale as well. After a few hunts snow tracking deer this year they are full of holes! Tried patching them but nothing sticks for long. Maybe if I roughed the surface first but I gave up on them. It's that thin layer of rubber that cant take sticks and probably the cold doesn't help. So I just bought some basic rubber boots -40 with felt liners on sale right now for $35 at canadian tire and they are standing up much better and are a lot lighter too.

As for winter boots I use Kamik -70's from Crappy Tire. They go on sale for $50 i think? Maybe more. They are always warm and I like that I can tuck my snow pants into them. First pair lasted 3-4 years, I'm on my second. Good for the price but obviously there is much better to be had.

Mr. Canoehead

I bought the 800's on sale as well. After a few hunts snow tracking deer this year they are full of holes! Tried patching them but nothing sticks for long. Maybe if I roughed the surface first but I gave up on them. It's that thin layer of rubber that cant take sticks and probably the cold doesn't help. So I just bought some basic rubber boots -40 with felt liners on sale right now for $35 at canadian tire and they are standing up much better and are a lot lighter too.

As for winter boots I use Kamik -70's from Crappy Tire. They go on sale for $50 i think? Maybe more. They are always warm and I like that I can tuck my snow pants into them. First pair lasted 3-4 years, I'm on my second. Good for the price but obviously there is much better to be had.

CORRECTION: I have the 1000's same as you. Neoprene liner. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but those are some fragile boots you've got there.

levi64

baffin rubber boots from gear up for outdoors.... good to -100, never had cold feet while on the ice! comfortable too...

Same here.. I just wouldn't want to do much walking in them. Melted the toe alittle on my old sled but they are still good to go.

BearSlayer

I have the cabelas pac boots as well.good boots so far supposed to be good to -140 not sure we would be out in that but your feet would be warm.they are nice light boots especially when you have size13 boots.not bulky for walking in to places.only thing they may be a bit short for lots of slush.

BirchPoint2014

just bought the baffin impacts -100 from cabelas for 189.00 and free shipping during the black friday sale they should keep my feet nice and warm this winter

BirchPoint2014

CEO & COO of Birch Point Resort 

Kashabowie, ON

Lyle Reiner

Bought the muck arctic pros. Light and comfortable. I'll try them and see what I think

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada