• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
randomheroj

Anyone out today? Anyone seeing anything moving not after dark?

randomheroj

Anyone out and seeing anything? My trailcam is catching parties at the food source around 6pm. But nothing during the day?

post-483-0-34504200-1417282755_thumb.jpg

PRO V

Try taking away the feed for a few nights change it up, and only bring some feed in when you go to your blind in the mornings , deer are creatures of habit.

Mike

Dirttracker18

Nothing moved at all at my two locations, Slate River and KB. Nothing all night or today. I am out now, they gotta move soon and I'm hoping it's now!

The Great Outdoors

TroutHunter

just got back from my spot... checked the cams and all pics were at night/early morning.

post-1911-0-83126900-1417307086_thumb.jp

post-1911-0-11395200-1417307157_thumb.jp

post-1911-0-63324300-1417307228_thumb.jp

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

Monks

Last week my trail cams showed mainly night pics for the 2 big bucks I'm after. I moved in close to their bedding area with my climber on Friday and have seen these 2 deer and quite a few others moving during daylight. No shot at the two big guys, as I have limited shooting lanes as I'm in a new spot and wanted to get in quiet and not start cutting any lanes. Deer are moving in the heavy timber during the day, but I'm seeing only does near field edges during the day.

pbear

The only deer I'm seeing are does and fawns. No bucks. Hopefully they start moving around again.

hunt or be hunted

Change ur tactics of how ur hunting for big bucks this time of the year, get into their home range and get right up and personal but with out being detected, the last 6 days I changed my hunting complelty, found their bedding areas and their feed sources in the thick timber away from the open bush, I used all the info and advice off this board of subjects along with of course my own knowledge and put it all together into one game plan. First find a travel route, second locate a deep timber food source and third find their bedding area, took a couple days of sittn but it all paid off, I seen more deer in the last 4 days then I have all season and put my tag on a beautiful 5 year old buck! Change may not always seem like a good thing but sometimes u gotta break the rules and it pays off ! Cheers and happy hunting !

SherpaJ

5 year old!!!!! No pics!!!???

Serisously! let's see it!

gsambray

Ive been seeing does during the day. Were i hunt its pretty brushy and protected.

hunt or be hunted

I have no idea how to post a pic from my iPhone 😕anyone know how ? I'll gladly post the photo if I can be told how to thanks !

Gwhunter99

Download "imgupr" free on App Store.

1)Select. photo to up load

2)Select. "Get embedded codes"

3)Then copy "bbcode" and past it on forum

Works great! Let's see that cranker!!

eyelander

thanks for that Gwhunter99, I can use that elsewhere.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

randomheroj

i haven't seen anything but a doe with two fawns yesterday and there normal party site.. I'm going to go out early am to sit and wait...

i have two cameras out one watching an old apple orchard and one watching another food site.. so hopefully i see some bigger wider racks.. soon if not I'm going to a Winnipeg strip club for bigger racks..

• Like 1

fisherdude

Always good to see bigger racks

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Go to bottom of this page, click on "full version" then go to "more reply options" and post pics as you please. I post all mine from iPhone.

Mr. Canoehead

Bucks were moving Saturday and sunday where I was up 527. I saw they were moving across a certain forested trail during daylight so sunday I parked on the trail and sat in my "truck stand". After a while these 2 guys from Hearst drove up behind me, then around me then stopped, then shot a 6 pointer that was walking right at me up the trail. They commented how there must be lots of deer around here haha. No they just had horseshoes up their asses the buggers. Public land what can ya really say other than congrats. Nice little buck..

• Like 1

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Bucks were moving Saturday and sunday where I was up 527. I saw they were moving across a certain forested trail during daylight so sunday I parked on the trail and sat in my "truck stand". After a while these 2 guys from Hearst drove up behind me, then around me then stopped, then shot a 6 pointer that was walking right at me up the trail. They commented how there must be lots of deer around here haha. No they just had horseshoes up their asses the buggers. Public land what can ya really say other than congrats. Nice little buck..

Lol bad break

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Monks

Was out today after work. Getting cold but Heater Body Suit is by far the best piece of hunting gear for staying warm. Had a decent 10 point at 5pm and one doe shortly after. Had pics of a big 12 just before legal on Sunday am. This is my favourite time of year! Cold weather, few hunters and the big guys get comfy the last 2 weeks before season closes :). If only I could keep my video can battery from dying so soon this time of year. Tried taping some hand warmers to it but no luck.

• Like 1

Gwhunter99

Any body use heaters this time of year? I never have but curious if anyone has a quiet brand they use recommend. My ice fishing heater is noisy and am worried about the smell around my hunting area

SherpaJ

Any body use heaters this time of year? I never have but curious if anyone has a quiet brand they use recommend. My ice fishing heater is noisy and am worried about the smell around my hunting area

Whats your setup? Ground blind? Tower stand? tree stand?

I've used a regular sunflower heater on a 20lb propane tank when I was hunting in tower stands before on the real cold days. Never had it affect the deer. I'm pretty sure scent wouldn't be an issue, simply because the heat will carry the scent up and away so quickly. If there's a severe wind and you're in a ground blind then theres a possibility they may smell it, but who knows if it would even bother them.

Gwhunter99

Ya I'm set up in ground blind. I currently use a sleeping bag to cut the chill lol. No noise from the rose bud?

Gwhunter99

Ya I'm set up in ground blind. I currently use a sleeping bag to cut the chill lol. No noise from the rose bud?