• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

mikejson

Strikemaster auger issue (solo engine)

mikejson

Anyone here have one of these?

Seems as though something is cutting off the gas supply to the engine. Last time I was out (this is my second time running it, brand new... grrr...), half way through my 3rd hole it died. I tried priming it and the primer bulb wasn't filling up.

When I press the bulb it puts air into the gas tank, but it doesn't actually suck gas into the bulb/line...

Lastly, has anyone dealt with Mechanix Small Engine? Apparently that is the warranty place for strikemaster augers in town...

Thanks!

Mike.

ribneck

Hey sorry can't help you with the auger problems but mechanix is no longer on Fredrica I do not even think they have a shop right now. I have dealt with them before and will never bring anything there again. They have terrible costumer service.

Some Old Guy

Sucking air from gas line connections. Check the hose connections.

Roger.

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Some Old Guy

Or from primer.

Roger.

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

mikejson

That's what I've read about them online... not really willing to bring my auger there, they sound horrible from the reviews online.

Anyone know if these augers have maintenance manuals available for them? Been googling but can't seem to come up with anything but the owner's manual.

I found a line that isn't attached to anything, but it's dry, so I don't think that's a fuel line. I can't seem to see anything else. Only thought I have is to drain the gas, and start pulling parts off one at a time till I see that it's working...

Resource Pimp

Try switching the two small hoses that go into the back of the primer bulb. By switching I mean pull one off one nipple and put it on the other and vise versa. Sounds like they are a$$ backwards if it puts air in the tank.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Squaretail

Fish the pickup line out of the tank it will have a weighted pickup filter inspect the whole line for cracks holes etc. the fuel system is a supply return style and air can enter at any point on the supply side. It sounds like the pickup is not on the bottom of the tank as it should.

eyelander

mikejson, check the site ManualsOnline, it may have what you are looking for.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

pbear

I'm pretty sure mechanix is out of business. They had an auction last year to sell off all of their parts and any equipment that was not picked up.

mikejson

I called around and found who I talked to at Strikemaster (which is actually under a different name in canada because of some tool shop owning the rights to the name in canada...)

They are looking into finding a repair center. Right now they say it's that Mechanix, and they are on brock street... however, I can't confirm that at all, and they don't have a presence online, except for bad reviews under yellowpages.ca

Hopefully he gets back to me. I don't really want to be pulling a brand new auger apart myself...

Guest Derrick T

Mechanix is a buncha crooks. Don't take anything there. Guy got busted selling drugs and his partner/friend decided to sell off a buncha people's gear before the auction for cash.

mikejson

That is probably why the warranty place didn't call back yet when I told them what I hear about the place.

mikejson

Thanks to Resource Pimp!! I got er up and running again.

One of the hoses fell off the primer bulb and the stem it went on was soo small, I couldn't see it without popping the bulb off the housing.

After I understood how the darn bulb worked, I was able to figure it out.

Thanks again folks, I knew I could count on you guys :D

• Like 2

The wild
On January 22, 2015 at 9:56 PM, CoryCo said:

Stuck float on the carb?

On January 23, 2015 at 8:13 AM, Derrick T said:

Mechanix is a buncha crooks. Don't take anything there. Guy got busted selling drugs and his partner/friend decided to sell off a buncha people's gear before the auction for cash.

The wild

They are crooks for sure I had brought my tundra 2 there fore a tune-up wich cost me 800 bucks and it ran worse than before so I brought it back for warranty ,after bugging for a few months to see if it was fixed yet they had closed their shop down and still no sign of my machine, stolen? stripped down not sure. All I know is the cops won't do anything and the only thing, I found a bit out about the owners is they had moved to Geraldton their names are Cathy and Shawn so beware if you see a new small engine place in Geraldton. P.S Still looking for my tundra