• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Gwhunter99

Coyote hunt yesterday. (Graphic)

Gwhunter99

Headed out to take advantage of the mild temps after night shift. 1st set set up was all I needed. A couple rabbit cries and a nice dark yote bounced into my field. He held up at 200yrd so "smack" dropped in his tracks. After a long walk in 18in of snow I noticed it was a pretty lucky shot. he had a couple bare spots and only half fur on his tail so this one wouldn't come home with me. Just as I thought about the long walk back I catch movement on the opposite end of the field. I settle the 300yrd crosshair on em and squeeze, nothing. Again I settle the crosshair on em, missed again! By this time he is moving away so 1 last effort I try the 400yrd crosshair, "smack" stiff legged em. So I walk all the way to back corner to retrieve a very nice fur.

Moral of the story "I'm out of shape!" And the .204ruger is a fantastic yote gun

ZOiaXLa.jpg

WjCqo5Q.jpgdP3oBQJ.jpg

• Like 1

salmonider

Nice yotes! Good hunting!

Practice CPS, catch , photo, stringer.

ok, calm down I'm kidding!

NorthwestHunter

Deadly! Thunder Bay district?

Whitetail hunting, not just a 3 month season...a 12 month obsession

Thefishleclair

Whack em snd stack em.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Gwhunter99

Deadly! Thunder Bay district?

No southern. Brutal down here, see 3 a day!

Lyle Reiner

JUST CURIOUS...and let me preface by saying I am not against hunting at all in any stretch of the phrase. But I'm curious what the legalities of leaving an animal to spoil is. I understand coyotes are not considered food, But they are furbearers no? Again just curious!

Nice shooting!!

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Gwhunter99

JUST CURIOUS...and let me preface by saying I am not against hunting at all in any stretch of the phrase. But I'm curious what the legalities of leaving an animal to spoil is. I understand coyotes are not considered food, But they are furbearers no? Again just curious!

Nice shooting!!

36. (1) A hunter or trapper who kills game wildlife other than a furbearing mammal shall not abandon it if its flesh may become unsuitable for human consumption. 2009, c. 33, Sched. 22, s. 2 (18).

Spoiled flesh

(2) A person who possesses game wildlife that is not a furbearing mammal and that was hunted or trapped shall not permit its flesh to become unsuitable for human consumption. 2009, c. 33, Sched. 22, s. 2 (18).

Abandonment or spoilage of pelts

(3) A hunter or trapper who kills a furbearing mammal shall not abandon the pelt or permit the pelt to be spoiled or destroyed. 1997, c. 41, s. 36 (3).

Exceptions

(4) Subsection (3) does not apply in the circumstances prescribed by the regulations. 1997, c. 41, s. 36 (4).

The section from the regs below allows a "trapper" to abandone a pelt if the pelt is of no commercial value.

Spoilage

28. A trapper who kills a furbearing mammal may, if the pelt is of no commercial value, abandon it or permit it to be spoiled or destroyed. O. Reg. 667/98, s. 28.

Also

O.Regulation 665/98 Sec 134 PartXVIII Miscellaneous,

A hunter who is licenced or authorized to kill a fur bearing mammal is exempt from Sec 36(3) and may abandon a pelt or permit a pelt to be spoiled or destroyed if the pelt is of no commercial value.

• Like 1

Lyle Reiner

Ok cool! Like I said, just curious! I'm a trapper myself, and was just curious!

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada