• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

AmateurHourAngling

Smelts Smelts Smelts

AmateurHourAngling

Who's getting the itch? I know it's still quite a bit longer but I just finished my last bag and I can't wait to fill some more buckets! Hopefully soon

-JADEN

Kaptain Kirk

at Least another Month i say before they start to Run, May be earlier down south of Hear.

Zackcorbin1401

Last year I was fishing the around April 15-16.

shmanks

Really?? I went at the beginning of May last year and it seemed like the run was just starting and I hit the peak a few days later. Just looked at my messages and it was May 11th lol was a long winter last year. Would love to see some rain no more of this damn snow

Zackcorbin1401

Ok mabye I am thinking of may 15-16 oops

Foozer

I went the Friday of long weekend last year. Maybe the 15th?

Did well at the MacKenzie. Then for steel the next morning.

Great time of the year!

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

Benji

I've got the itch .... And I'm done with this snow... I usually go at elderado beach ...

Benji

Anyone think the smelt will be running end of April beginning of May ? Trying to plan the gf coming here and timing with dad's friend ...

Guest fish9876

Lets not get ahead of ourselves no matter how tempting the thought of fish in rivers might be! Although I cant wait to catch some salmon bait!

shmanks

Temperatures look like they will be going down to 5 all next week :(

offroader

Anyone think the smelt will be running end of April beginning of May ? Trying to plan the gf coming here and timing with dad's friend ...

I'm guessing around mid May myself. Some heavy rain might ramp it up a week or so.

Benji

That most certainly was rain on my parade .... Thanks for your help

SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP

Im thinking they'll be running here in 1.5 to 2 weeks from now. There just starting around the sault area...most likely by this friday they will be running strong there and its usually a week or ao after they start running there theyll be here. So im guessing end of April early May here!

• Like 1

Domer

The smelt run will likely start between sun- tues

Domer

The smelt run will likely start between sun- tues

• Like 1

Thefishleclair

I hope it holds out for 2 weeks!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

McGinnis_Fishing

Mouth of Mcvickers is till locked up woth ice. Mackenzie is open and should be good to go soon

Iron Ranger

My wife and I went down to the Twin Cities to visit the Grandkids. We all went to the worlds largest Smelt fry in Brooklyn Park MN. It's put on by the Brooklyn Park Lions Club. We having attended for quite a few years now. $ 7.95 per person for all the smelt you can eat. Cocktail sauce and tartar sauce, coleslaw and good rolls to boot.

Our Grandkids ate them out of house and home.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

gsambray

Just for the excuse to get out I'm gonna go check out a few spots tonight. Will post results if any lol

• Like 1

gsambray

Got a few from current river. Lots of ice in spots and even lots of snow on the elevator side. Tried mcvickers creek and there were a bunch of people there and I did fairly well. Kept enough for a meal and sizes weren't too bad either.