• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

AmateurHourAngling

Smelts Smelts Smelts

minnow

Does anyone fish the Neebing or McIntrye anymore for smelts?

Fishbum

How has everyone been doing. Went to micvickars and current river wed night ... Didn't do good at all and not much else happening .. ?

dgainer

Started to run last night(Thur) at around midnight at Current river.Half a 5 gallon pail in an hour

walleye warrior

Anyone been to mcvicar or mckenzie recently? Planning on heading out tonigt and just wondering how the run is? I heard current river was good earlier in the week.

flybum

How has everyone been doing. Went to micvickars and current river wed night ... Didn't do good at all and not much else happening .. ?

I was at current Wednesday night and we got a 5 gallon pail FULL and left before midnight.

Wopfisher

was at mckenzie on monday night and yes the current was good when we were there you needed hip waiters and a long net because they were in pretty deep water filled up about a pale in an hour and a half

• Like 1

eyelander

My neighbor asked me last night if I wanted some smelts. A friend of hers dropped off a whole bunch for her. He got them at McKenzie also. He told her that 2 days ago was the best of the run he has seen so far.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

flybum

was at mckenzie on monday night and yes the current was good when we were there you needed hip waiters and a long net because they were in pretty deep water filled up about a pale in an hour and a half

I was out there pretty deep! Lol . Almost filled my waders at one point!

shmanks

Going to try out mcvicars tonight try and get a feed or two

smokerscully1

No smelt on Lake Nipigon yet--creeks are still high and dirty--maybe too cold? Too much ice on Lake also.

therealfndeal

None in jack pine or ozone but tons in Jesse

shmanks

Went to mcvicars from 10 to 11 and no one got anything ran over to current river until 1145 got nothing had to make it home in time for the fight. Will try on Monday after I'm done work at 12

Guest YoungFisher92

I would scoop [on average] 1 smelt every 8-15 scoops at mcvicars. went from 12 - 1:30. I was hoping it was going to pick up but it didnt. I heard mckenzie was doing great, my buddy left with 2 five gallons in half an hour, he went past 12.

Guest 2112

In the past I have fished smelts in my home land of St. Catharines, ON. I smelted last year for my first time in NWO and did well. I fished a creek and just kept scooping and pulling them out. So friday i decided to go with my friends from work to mcKenzie. I was told that it would be busy... I figured you know maybe 20 - 30 people. when we showed up there was just that, but as the night went on to crowd thicken. There must of be 150 people there! It was unreal. It made me smile because it was a total impromptu shin dig! It was just an experience to sit back and watch everyone fail at catching smelt but still having a grand old time. I smelted till 1230 and didnt get one. My friend till two and got 1! But there were bon fires and laughter and cigarettes that smelled like skunks. Families and pets! It was spectacular. This is something that would NEVER happen in southern ontario. There would be fights and scuffles. Basically fishing with a load of pricks. SO with that being said, smelting most certainly reminded me why I left the poop-hole that is southern ontario. SO. Thank you thunder bay.

Zackcorbin1401

I caught 4 at McKenzie last night only people that caught some were out really deep with long poles on their nets. I went to far and filled up the waders a bit.

Benji

I tried Friday up on el dorado beach road... The "creek" we were supposed to fish in got filled in while the culvert up the road broke last fall.... The "creek" got reclassified as a ditch so we went home smeltless

Benji

I tried Friday up on el dorado beach road... The "creek" we were supposed to fish in got filled in while the culvert up the road broke last fall.... The "creek" got reclassified as a ditch so we went home smeltless

hunt or be hunted

Is it fair to say the run is kinda over or dying down ? I'm still away at work till Thursday, was hopen to get out Thursday or Friday but it's sounds like things have slowed to a hault ?

therealfndeal

Just starting in Nipigon nothing has ran in the jackpine yet but Jesse lake was loaded Saturday night

Guest YoungFisher92

What is the best time to go smelting? 11pm, 12am, 1am?

I am having no luck at all and I am wondering if it has anything to do with when I am going.

ghart

timing is everything.. 11pm at a minimum, the more people the more spooked the fish are too. Then again I got some in the middle of the day 2 years ago :-)

mybackyard125x125.jpg In the Age of Information, Ignorance is a Choice.

Guest woggy165

Anyone try CR or McVikars last night? Hoping to take the kids and at least get enough for a feed. We are happy with one feed a year but more is always good and the kids love it. Fishing time is family time.

Domer

Mackenzie for stragglers if ur lucky