• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bighotdog

Are they Rutting or Not

Bighotdog

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has noticed any sign of Moose Rutting. I was out a couple of days ago and in an area where there is a few moose but there were no signs. I am just wondering if maybe I missed them this time out . Let me know if there is any change. I figured that cold weather last week would have helped but who the hell am I anyway. Oh and the birds were pretty good up in Dog River two of us limited out in about hour and a half and one poor little bunny as well.

Smokey

I'm not up there this year but in my experience is the rut usually kicks in within a few days of the 29th. We would usually see some pre-rut sign earlier but the real action would kick in then. That date has been pretty much the same in my 15 yrs of being up there but you never now what mother nature well do to change things. So it should be starting up near the end of the week.

Hope this helps a bit.

Guest canuck

two weeks ago scouting for rifle season....found two rut pits within 20 feet of one another....might be earlier????

Bighotdog

That is all great guys thanks alot for the info. Now if you can kindly point me in the direction of the moose you have seen then there won't be anymore questions from me I promse.

crisop

i've talked to a lot of archery hunters and they say it's goign to be late this yr because it's been so warm, but who really knows this yr

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Bighotdog

Actually went out to around my area yesterday I didn't actually go right in but seen lots of sign. They are definetly in thr Rut now and by next week they should be in full gear. I seen a few nice deer as well but that is okay because they have helped me with the moose the last few years. Thanks alot everyone and good luck this coming week . Hopefully we have a bunch of pictures for this great websight, we can't always rely on Roger you know. Anyway goodluck and shoot them up.

Guest TerryK

That is all great guys thanks alot for the info. Now if you can kindly point me in the direction of the moose you have seen then there won't be anymore questions from me I promse.

Head west/north/east of the city until you see lots of trees and stuff. Turn left/right off the highway and drive for 1/100 km west/north/east until you see more trees and stuff....and some water. The moose are right there waiting for you!

Bighotdog

The scariest part of all that is you are so damm close to my spot but you actually have to drive 138km to be exact. The trees are still there for your guidance though. Good luck and remember to follow those directions and we'll see you there.

Barrski

The scariest part of all that is you are so damm close to my spot but you actually have to drive 138km to be exact. The trees are still there for your guidance though. Good luck and remember to follow those directions and we'll see you there.

The bow hunters I talked to on Tuesday said it was to warm as well, some sightings but the bulls are holding back

Well; if you made it 125 km from my door you can have a coffee with me before daylight.

Good hunting

barrski

wicabel246

Went out hunting birds with a friend today. Saw lots and shot a few, but when driving down one side road, we came to an opening in the trees, and low and behiold a bull and cow. They watched us watching them, for about 20 min. The cow was sure interested, but the bull seemed indifferent, so after a while she ran off.

Guest canuck

Head west/north/east of the city until you see lots of trees and stuff. Turn left/right off the highway and drive for 1/100 km west/north/east until you see more trees and stuff....and some water. The moose are right there waiting for you!

Damn Terry you have given directions to my secret area....what are you thinking?? :D

Shane

Guest Big Moose

Moose Hunting I go to Chippewa with a couple apples and a rope because their in a pen waiting for you.

Deer Hunting I go to Mission Island because they let you get nice and close to them (no shots fired you just wack em with a ball peen hammer nice and quietly so you get a chance at another one)

wampa

OMG you guys make me so sick. Every moose I have hunted in the last 10 years has been catch and release. Don't you know that the moose population is in decline? I know I have a picture here somewhere of me with a fresh fall moose as I am just about to let him go. We must educate all you savage killers to let all your moose go. Don't even keep one a year! I think the mortality rate is something around 99% after you shoot them once, but you should still let them go to breed again. I think. Maybe. Just kidding. ;)

Never hold your farts in.

They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

Guest TerryK

OMG you guys make me so sick. Every moose I have hunted in the last 10 years has been catch and release. Don't you know that the moose population is in decline? I know I have a picture here somewhere of me with a fresh fall moose as I am just about to let him go. We must educate all you savage killers to let all your moose go. Don't even keep one a year! I think the mortality rate is something around 99% after you shoot them once, but you should still let them go to breed again. I think. Maybe. Just kidding. ;)

lmao! Classic, wish I would have thought of that!

grumpy

Moose Hunting I go to Chippewa with a couple apples and a rope because their in a pen waiting for you.

Deer Hunting I go to Mission Island because they let you get nice and close to them (no shots fired you just wack em with a ball peen hammer nice and quietly so you get a chance at another one)

You savage I knew you like that head wacking.

Guest Big Moose

I only wack em' on the noggin if their cute, furry animals not fish there's no challenge in smackin fish and only when there are young children and women watching.I must warn you it can get bloody if you gotta hit them more than twice and sometimes they hit back!!!