• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Benji

Equipment survey

naden

I used an ugly stick lite for years with a pflueger infusion spinning reel and I never found it to be that bad of a rod. I can see how the basic ugly sticks seem more like a club than a fishing rod but the lite version wasn't too bad. I bought the girlfriend a fenwick eagle gt with a shakespeare deceiver spinning reel that was around 30 bucks and to be honest I like the shakespeare more than the pflueger which was around 100 bucks. I liked it so much I bought myself another one and mounted it on a fenwick hmx.

Im not sure if you can still buy the deceiver reels but in my opinion they were an excellent reel for the price and mounted on the fenwick eagle it is a good combo that didnt break the bank.

Davis Viehbeck

D&R Wild Walleye Sale next Saturday and you'll find what you need for your budget!

• Like 1

WalleyeWayne

You guys gotta quit knocking ugly sticks :rolleyes: . Even if you fall/step on everything in your boat, you know you can pick up that ugly stick and still use it. It's a cost-effect rod with serious longevity, especially if you've done a fly-in where it would suck if for some reason you broke your rods unloading them from the plane in a remote location. However if you want quality, quality costs, and quality pays dividends on the water. Oh, and here's hoping Benji's grandpa rethinks his comments.....for Benji's sake if anything.

• Like 1

shmanks

Broke my pfleuger rod and replaced it with an ugly stick lite 6'6" and love it. I could not use the regular ugly stick too bulky for me. I contacted customer service about my broken rod to see if they had replacements for the second piece of the rod, unfortunately they didn't but they offered me a discount for my next purchase though :)

Foozer

Ice fishing gear....

8lb test mono and a willow stick. Cost efficient and very effective.

Lines are packed away till next December and rods are entering the growing season.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

Foozer

Double Post

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

spindilla1

I do like the 8'6 ugly stick lite, I find the shorter ones don't have the sensitivity I like.

Guest fish9876

Ive owned two ugly sticks and they were beasts. They were nice for downrigging out of a small boat because of the backbone. Also very nice for dipsy divers as well bcuz you can get a good strong Hook set bcuz of the back bone those rods have. I no longer buy or use them bcuz the guides always deteriorate on me and fall out. I like my Fenwick rods now.

Guest fish9876

I should probably add that Im not running my mouth about ugly stik fishing rods. They definately have a purpose just like the higher end finesse rods do for certain scenarios. I know a guy that uses the 4'6 ugly stik lite for vertical jigging massive lakers from his boat. Hes successfully caught several 20+ lb lakers with them. Like i said they all serve a purpose!

Bottom Bouncer

Fishing is good

REELBAIT

Bottom Bouncer

Fishing is good

REELBAIT

Bottom Bouncer

For the record that was my 7 year old.

REELBAIT