• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Benji

Equipment survey

BenjisGrandpa

I'm a war vet and I find it pretty sad that he gets more public recognition than I, and I even managed to keep both my legs in tact during my service

flybum

To get public recognition, you must do things publicly. People aren't going to recognize you for any reason other than that. I'm not trying to insult you in any way at all, I'm grateful for what you did.

Talking trash on a fishing forum isn't going to get you the recognition you're hoping for. I'm sorry.

fisherdude

Certain forums recognize certain things.. But thanks for your service.

Trevor Zimak

No you wont see me at "G-TOWN". As I am not a first responder, I avoid things like that in case some "professional fisherman" falls out of their boat and cuts their leg. Bet your 5000$ worth of rods sure paid off their eh PAL

Not only can I show you how to fish, but I could probly lend a few tips on how to drive a boat

I'm a war vet and I find it pretty sad that he gets more public recognition than I, and I even managed to keep both my legs in tact during my service

Firstly, not only did you take a shot at all the people on this forum who live and swear by their equipment and simply LOVE the sport, now you make a personal attack! Wow! You must have been punched in the head a few too many times while you were there because it doesn't sound like you're too smart! You are completely ignorant of any facts of the situation because you were not there. Therefore, you have no idea why or how the accident occurred. People hit logs, hit rocks, steering cables have snapped and many anglers have went flying out of there boats because it. You should be embarrassed of yourself for making such a silly comment without knowing the FACTS! I would be ashamed of my grandfather ...God rest his soul ... if he publicly attacked someone like you have done today.

You find it sad that I get public recognition? Are you jealous? I get public recognition for what I have accomplished at tournaments throughout the region. For what I have done to help other anglers out at tournaments or when in need or peril... but I guess you would know nothing about that. I also write articles to try to help people like your grandson who are new to fishing so they can have success quicker and enjoy the sport. And yes, I have a 10 inch titanium plate screwed into my fibula and lateral maleolis (ankle) and doctors told me I would never run again. Well... you what I said to that... "I'll show you!" And now I am currently competing in half marathons on a National level and hoping to qualify next month at Grandma's marathon to run the marathon at the PanAm Games this summer in Toronto. Secretly though... I hope I don't because that would mean no SSS or FFCBC.

BenjisGrandpa

No you wont see me at "G-TOWN". As I am not a first responder, I avoid things like that in case some "professional fisherman" falls out of their boat and cuts their leg. Bet your 5000$ worth of rods sure paid off their eh PAL

Firstly, not only did you take a shot at all the people on this forum who live and swear by their equipment and simply LOVE the sport, now you make a personal attack! Wow! You must have been punched in the head a few too many times while you were there because it doesn't sound like you're too smart! You are completely ignorant of any facts of the situation because you were not there. Therefore, you have no idea why or how the accident occurred. People hit logs, hit rocks, steering cables have snapped and many anglers have went flying out of there boats because it. You should be embarrassed of yourself for making such a silly comment without knowing the FACTS! I would be ashamed of my grandfather ...God rest his soul ... if he publicly attacked someone like you have done today.

You find it sad that I get public recognition? Are you jealous? I get public recognition for what I have accomplished at tournaments throughout the region. For what I have done to help other anglers out at tournaments or when in need or peril... but I guess you would know nothing about that. I also write articles to try to help people like your grandson who are new to fishing so they can have success quicker and enjoy the sport. And yes, I have a 10 inch titanium plate screwed into my fibula and lateral maleolis (ankle) and doctors told me I would never run again. Well... you what I said to that... "I'll show you!" And now am currently competing in half marathons on a National level and hoping to qualify to run marathon at the PanAm Ga,es this summer in Toronto.

Trevor Zimak

Yep... professional author, professional angler, professional runner... And I'm not hiding behind the virtual wall either.

• Like 1

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

I don't care what everyone else says. I think you are alright Zimak .

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Didn't Benjis grandpa win a ton of tournaments in the region? Pretty sure I seen him driving around in a fast blue and white boat at a few tourneys. Oh....wait a minute...im mistaken, that's Trevor with all those first place finishes, not Benjis grandpa. Don't embarrass your grandson gramps. If my grandpa was acting like you I'd be ashamed. Go fish with your crappy ugly sticks, there is a reason they are so cheap, because they suck compared to all the other rods listed in this thread.

Guest Vito

Some are recognized for what they do and some are not. Some deserve it and some don't. Some brag about it and some are modest. When I first saw Trevor, he and his partner gave a kid cash after he was disqualified for making a mistake. Instead of looking down upon the young man, Trevor, encouraged the kid to keep going and keep trying. To me that was a true representative of sportsmanship. Only those who were there can really truly appreciate what Glenn and Trevor did. I believe someone started a collection in a hat to help the kid out too. That was also very kind. As for being a war vet, thank you for that too. It gave every single on of us the right to be who we want to be. Just turns out, some of us just don't want to be jerks.

BASS ASSASSIN

Gentlemen:

I have some experience helping to organize community events such as this, thus I am thinking we could get something going behind the old Brewpub in the back parking lot, that would be fun:)

To lighhten the mood:

My favorite set up for Waldo's is my Spider-man spincast, but my go to for large Pike and Muskies is hands down my Dora the Explorer spincast, she fights the good fight.

Its not the size or the type of rod, it's how you bend it.

Cheers guys, it's almost time to get at 'er

• Like 1

therealfndeal

I wish I still had my classic duck tales spin cast that thing pulled a few 5lb plus wallys in the boat lol

Lyle Reiner

Number 1

BenjisGrandpa. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY

Number 2.

This is an open invitation to come out in MY boat, (I also have won tournaments, written article's, but I don't run) bring your two ugly sticks, I will bring my Loomis rods. I will teach your grandson some of the tips and tricks I have learnt from Mr Zimak and others on the tournament circuit. Sure you may catch a few fish with your ugly sticks in the morning or the evening. But when its 2pm, 30 degrees and still calm, I promise you this, I will catch more fish then you. And it will be because of my "expensive waste of money" equipment.

So again. Cmon out in my boat, bring a note pad, you might even learn something.

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Monks

The tournament and angling community in general is a very welcoming and not so “tight” group of people. Some of my best friends I have met via fishing tournaments in which we are all competing. All new anglers are welcomed and shared all the common courtesies.

Hell…. even Lyle and Ryan were welcomed ;), kidding of course boys.

We and especially me enjoy some good hearted bantor and ribbing towards my fellow anglers.

However bringing up someone’s life threatening accident and throwing it in their face is rude.

When I hit a rock, almost killed my dog and nearly myself in the process, everyone was there for me, and by the time I got back to town, my friends/tournament competitors had their spare boat ready and Trevor had arranged for his dad to fish with me, all within a matter of hours. My worst day on the water ever, turned out to be one of my most enjoyable tournaments. No jokes about an etec, just support.

I am sure you have seen far worse things than any of us would or will ever see in your service to our country. I would never draw that out to make a point against you. As said before, I am more than grateful for your service and both my grandfathers and the thousands of others.

Move on, maybe apologize or not, and hopefully Benji one day is able to enjoy what truly is an amazing group of anglers whom all support and respect each other.

Ugly Sticks and all ;). Cheers Monks

• Like 2

gsambray

I never knew ugly sticks were hated so much lol. I am in the market for a new rod and reel but as a truck and coach apprentice I am on a tight to non existent budget. I use what I have and try to make the most out of it. Just being out is the best part. I would love to try tourneys some day when I can afford to but for know it's just a past time for me So saying that if anyone needs a partner some day I may be considered a rookie but always willing to learn

Kaptain Kirk

Well Said Mr Monks,

Cheers KK

Domer

I still am not convinced that benji and his grandpa are fakes. I haven't said anything until now because I don't care. But when I hear stupid attacks on people on this forum I think enough is enough. Let's keep the forums about fishing. The comments I read from benji and now his grandpa lead me to believe they are bullshittttt. Prove me wrong. Show urselves at one of these fish derby's and prove me wrong. We just laugh at benji' comments like ice fishing rods. While grandpa uses ugly sticks. Probably slay the walleyes on 5 of diamonds and buck tails. Gimme a break.

• Like 2

#One

I still am not convinced that benji and his grandpa are fakes. I haven't said anything until now because I don't care. But when I hear stupid attacks on people on this forum I think enough is enough. Let's keep the forums about fishing. The comments I read from benji and now his grandpa lead me to believe they are bullshittttt. Prove me wrong. Show urselves at one of these fish derby's and prove me wrong. We just laugh at benji' comments like ice fishing rods. While grandpa uses ugly sticks. Probably slay the walleyes on 5 of diamonds and buck tails. Gimme a break.

I agree.

Walleye Man

spindilla1

I have 2 ugly sticks, and I catch a limit everywhere I go :) must suck to empty the bank account for the same outcome as me

To some people all of the gear lyle listed barely puts a dent in his pocket change.......I'm also sure that when the bite is tuff his gear prevails........

Personally I'd rather have all that gear than switch between two ugly sticks.........It's more fun, try it sometime I'm sure you would agree.......

Lyle Reiner

Ohhhhhhhhhh it made a dent lol. A big one. I was single when I bought them haha

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

spindilla1

lol

I'm still single and a doc, I guess I won't see it until till I find a wife.......lol

gsambray

I already know that every type of fishing you have a certain rod and reel is used but for an all around rod and reel what would be a good choice. Say with a small budget around 150 or less For the combo

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Honestly watch the classifieds. A lot of guys get new stuff every year. reels will be spooled with braid. reels may have some rash from being strapped on casting deck for 100s of miles. But other than that they good.

And if a guys has 8-12 rods some won't see a ton of use. Probably get a 250$ combo for your Budget.

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President