• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Little John

Size of Walleye/Pickeral

Guest vida26

I respect everyones opinion, I was totally expecting everybodys estimate on my two fish. Even when I sometimes look at the picture I don't see how its 14lbs but that fish was caught right off my camp shoreline...I had time to weigh that thing 4 times with a different scale each time(each varying from 13-14.5lb)... as much as other people disagree with the weight, that's fine...but you got to take into consideration that the only pics I have of that is broadside view. Its hard to see the thickness etc.... I have caught 6,7,8 pounders at the same lake, they don't come close to what I caught off my shoreline...ps:the way people hold their fish in pictures don't always look like the actual size of the fish :) thanks for the comments guys.

fishman1

Taking a picture of a fish, is like taking a picture of your girlfriend.

It was a ten when I took the picture, but a 6-7 when I showed my friends!

• Like 3

Guest vida26

to fishman and biloski,

they are not exaggerations of any percentage!!! like I said all fishing photos now a days are taken to make the fish look huge and not its actual size! they do that by holding it out as you probably know. but I hate doing that in pictures with trophys!

Trevor Zimak

I could probably looks at a bass and tell you to .1 of a pound what it is. A big walleye on the other hand... usually way off.

Guest Wetlinetightline

I find it hard to believe u weighed it 4 times with different scales ND it varied from 13 to 14.5 pounds lol . Just my two cents either way there both nice fish . Tight lines bud

Guest vida26

thanks man. im not trying to argue with anyone... everyone has there own opinions at first look! But u have my word I did weigh it 4 times. I wanted to be sure as possible for the weight. That's why I have two extra scales in my boat and two on my pack :)

spindilla1

We should have a guessing competition where people post pics and everyone guesses its weight.

RatherBeFishin

Once again pretty sure Vida didnt ask anyones opinion on weather or not they thought that fish was 14 lbs. I think thoose r a couple of beuty looking fish !! As for everyone who apparently can put a weight to a fish by one broadside pic mybe its better to just keep your jealous opinions to yourself !

• Like 1

unbedable

post-775-0-65289500-1431549677_thumb.jpgpost-775-0-51872000-1431549679_thumb.jpg I think its impossible to tell. The first fish I think looks bigger cause its fat, but was just a tad over 3 lbs. The other one was midway between 8 and 9 (this was interesting as a second larger one followed it to the boat!).

unbedable

But I mean, who can really tell :P

post-775-0-73513900-1431550152_thumb.png

fishman1

I'm only pulling your wire vida. Joking around. Nice fish for sure. Congratulations.

PS, do you really carry 4 scales with you?

Monks

I always find Walleye look small in pictures.

Probably because they are really boring to catch, have very little fight and are not that interesting of a fish...eh Roger ;).

Good luck this weekend everyone, I'm looking forward to catching a few hogs on Saturday.

Look forward to seeing some pics from everyone.

Lyle Reiner

I agree Kyle LOL

And yes, go out have fun. But most importantly

DONT DRINK AND DRIVE/BOAT

WEAR YOUR PFD

BE SAFE!

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Guest vida26

fishman,

yea I actually do have 4 scales... mostly just during the may long.lol

Some Old Guy

Here's a nice local fish that was caught and released. 9.79 pounds.

post-1-0-99953300-1431626628_thumb.jpg

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

tracker

Its too bad the fish is in the way, we could have tried to guess her girth. I say by the size of her hands it's 36.

:D

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

<')(((((>{

spindilla1

But I mean, who can really tell :P

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-05-13 at 1.46.52 PM.png

She could be using these, don't let her fool you.

Let's be nice, I'm sure there are other women on this board.

• Like 1

ralphthedog

I'm sure Vida is telling the truth. Very familiar with that lake and have seen a lot of 12lb+ fish pulled from there. Hopefully I can do the same tomorrow in that same spot (if I beat him there)...