• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rmayr

Stocked rainbow trout lakes..

rmayr

So I've been looking and looking forever and I'm stumped. i can't seem to find any public access trails to drive my truck in or even walk down anything that looks like it leads to water. Has anyone been to badger, Amanda, dayle, jinx a, lake 81e or pothole?? I haven't even heard of anyone ever fishing these lakes. If anyone has any info i'd really appreciate it, even just a few tips to get me to the right trail or if I can drive down there or ride a dirt bike in. The steelhead run is just too short for me and I love fishing for rainbows! Thanks

rmayr

My friend tried finding lake 81e too and came to dead ends and private property. I'm sure I've heard people talking about pothole before though.

Guest vida26

I fished both pothole and 81e, and jinx is across the road from pothole. 81e is: down the cedar sites rd about 5 min, just before the big corner with the hill(closer to the end of rd) there is a trail on the left, follow that through the gravel pit, at the bottom youll seethe trail splits. Go left again into an old cut, then turn far right down the small trail which will take you to 81e. Pothole is only accessible off the 593, and when we went in there this winter we literally were sliding down to the lake on our rear end'. Very steep, but im sure its thicker in the spring time. we pretty much just took a deer trail down from the gravel [pit in behind it. caught a few nice sized bows out of 81e. nothing out of pothole though.

rmayr

@vida26 thank you for the information! I tried finding 81e today and followed your directions exactly, I came to a small relatively round lake and I backed my truck up right to the water. I landed 4 speckled trout and missed many more. No sign of a rainbow though. Is 81e supposed to have specks in it? Lots of fish were jumping too but nothing looked like a rainbow.

• Like 1

rmayr

The second left fork in the road is supposed to be a longer section before it goes hard right eh? And leads to a longer shaped lake? Still was a fun day of fishing either way

eyelander

the round lake is lake 82E, stocked with specks. Lake 81E is just east of 82E and is stocked with rainbows.

Go to:

mybackyard.ca/fishing/stocking-lists/

it will give you a link to Google Earth which shows the lakes and what they are stocked with and a history of numbers of fish stocked and the years they were stocked dating back to 2005 I believe.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

rmayr

I can't get the site to load any of the info that was put into the map, it keeps telling me some of the content can't be displayed. I tried clicking the KMZ download of all maps and my computer can't open the file either. Did anyone else hve this problem? Hopefully I can get it to work because a map like that would be really helpful!

rmayr

Thanks though @eyelander I'm pretty sure I know how to get to 81e now I was so close yesterday lol, next day off I'm definitely heading out that way again.

The_Outdoorsman

two lakes mentioned in the first post, Badger and Amanda, I found on google earth this past winter. would like to try one of them at some point this summer. any information willing to be shared about these lakes??

rmayr

@the_outdoorsman, you actually found the lakes on Google? I couldn't get any names to appear on the lakes. I have no idea where either is but I think I read somewhere on this site that badger is a long trip in by sled and it's kind of a crappy trail? Unless that was a different badger lake. I thought all 6 stocked rainbow lakes were supposed to be pretty close together though

The_Outdoorsman

yeah i found them... if we are talking about the same lakes here they are off a logging road down 811. there should be 3 lakes very close to each other, Amanda Badger and Tarrison which holds stocked brook trout. I have no idea about the road conditions, im hoping to hear if someone has previously been there before i go for myself.

eyelander

They are all collectively called the Tarrisons, but each one has its own lake name. I have been to 2 of them, Badger and Amanda, but haven't been to them in probably 3 yrs. or more.

tbayfinn

@the_outdoorsman, you actually found the lakes on Google? I couldn't get any names to appear on the lakes. I have no idea where either is but I think I read somewhere on this site that badger is a long trip in by sled and it's kind of a crappy trail? Unless that was a different badger lake. I thought all 6 stocked rainbow lakes were supposed to be pretty close together though

The regulations give the coordinates of the lakes which you can use in Google Earth to locate them.

rmayr

I have never even heard of 811... What township is that in?

rmayr

I have never even heard of 811... What township is that in?

rmayr

@tbayfinn I have used the coordinates from the list on google earth and they came up off the lakes but close by them I guess? gunna go out with an actual gps this weekend hopefully

brookiebuster

811 is the dirt "highway" about 119km or so up highway 527.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

The_Outdoorsman

eyelander, do you recall anything significant about that road?? passable by truck or quad?

rmayr

Ahh it makes sense now I get where highway 811 is, thanks! There is definitely an old post on here about badger lake trail conditions. I wasn't sure it was the same lake they were talking about in the old post. I never saw a tick at 82e while we were there surprisingly @fish9876, it was raining so hard the whole time we were there so they probably didn't want to come out.

Guest fish9876

Good to hear! Ill have to go try 82e when Im at whitefish this summer. I have some more time off work this year so ill be out there 3 or 4 different weekends.

eyelander

Haven't been in there for a bit now. We tried it once in the fall while out moose hunting casting from shore and lost a couple nice fish. We took our quads in that day. We went back in the winter to ice fish them and did good. We left our snowmobiles up top in the cut(really steep trail into them)and caught some nice fish.

Guest vida26

rmayr: glad my directions were of help. yea the round lake is the one with specks and oval shaped one is rainbows.