• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JohnZ

Where to catch big Pike.

JohnZ

A friend and I are wanting to try for some big Pike, does anyone have any tips and places to try? We will shore fish, but we also have a boat we can use.

Thanks.

randomheroj

go to the marina around sunrise and sunset fish that little pond by the ice cream shack with top waters or raps... you'll have some fun

offroader

"Sawmill Bay" on Lac ......from late March this year:

25CAM2T.jpg

tbayfinn

Lake Superior shallows in the spring. Find a shallow bay near a creek or river mouth, fish from shore or wade in, and have fun!

post-11893-0-00036700-1432737614_thumb.j

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I've tried that little pond at the Marina lots. I ALWAYS have better luck in the main Lake. Just walk the shore and cast. Nothing worse than casting to same pond over and over without catching anything.

JohnZ

I was thinking about trying some of the slack water at the mouth of the current river with my boat just have to get a truck to move it, what do you guys think of that?
I've also read good things about Black Bay.

What lures/bait are you's using?

tbayfinn

Big but lightweight spoons (so they don't sink as fast and get snagged), floating rapalas, big bucktail spinners. I crimp off the barbs and remove a hook or two from the rapalas to make life easier to release slot sized and big fish. My son got a big treble hook lodged in his thumb from a pike head shake and the doctor was thankful there was no barb ..... I have seen guys catching pike fly fishing as well...

scandiman

Black Bay on Lake Superior offers trophy sized pike (40+ inches). You can catch them from shore off or near the Hurkett dock or if you have a boat you can cover more water within black bay and cranberry bay.

shmanks

we have caught pike bigger than this up at little dog lake (up silver falls road) at any time of day.

2nbdiqc.jpg

Thefishleclair

Little Dog would hold some crazy big pike. Lots of white fish fir food for them there.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

fishman1

I tried the pond by the ice cream shack. Security told me it was the wading pool for the kids.

• Like 1

Thefishleclair

Lmfao.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Foz

Some spots on Lac I know, hammertime for big pike. Dexter Lake has alsways been good to me for big pike. For me, I usually catch a big monster pike when I am fishing walleye. Catching a bunch of nice walleye and a big pike comes to check out what is going on.

Benji

Wading pool for the kids ? Come on kids lets go contract hepatitis and salmonella in the duck pond !!

shmanks

Wading pool for the kids ? Come on kids lets go contract hepatitis and salmonella in the duck pond !!

He was joking about fishing at the splash pad.....

Buck 120

Friend of mine caught one in the big lake casting from shore at the marina tonight. Said it was the biggest pike of his life.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Monks

Lake Nipigon, even in a small boat early spring you don't have to go far to be safe and be in the fish.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

There was one day last summer when I was fishing at the marina. Found some nice wood piles off shore and started fishing around the logs. After fishing this spot for a few minutes, to my surprise one of the logs started moving, it moved right up into about 2 feet of water and cruised the shore for a couple minutes, this pike was easily over 45" and crushed the 20 lb mark. I threw every fly I had at it without a sniff, he swam off into the depths, never to be seen again. This fish was beat to crap and had very visible scarring all over it. Needless to say, if you fish the marina enough you are bound to catch an absolute beast, just put in the time and you will be rewarded.

Guest southernfisher

Friend of mine caught one in the big lake casting from shore at the marina tonight. Said it was the biggest pike of his life.

i was there yesterday and some guy i talked to seen me as he was leaving and showed me a pic of a huge pike he caught right where i was sadly i didnt get one but man that was a big fish.

could we be talking about the same person?

Benji

Oh... Thought he meant duck pond. Forgot about splash pad