• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
tracker

Moose Project Phase 2

tracker

July 15, 2015

Dear Moose Project Focus Group Participant,

The Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (MNRF) appreciates the contributions of all those who participated in the first phase of Ontario’s Moose Project, a multi-year initiative exploring potential actions to address pressures influencing moose populations such as harvest, predation, parasites, changing climate and habitat. Phase 1 concluded with the implementation of hunting regulation changes that shorten the calf moose hunting season (beginning in fall 2015) and delay the start of the moose hunting season (beginning in fall 2016) across much of northern Ontario.

MNRF is initiating Phase 2 of the Moose Project, intended to set new moose population objectives and to develop possible management actions in the short and long term, to help address a number of factors affecting moose in Ontario. The ultimate goal of the Moose Project is to stabilize and grow Ontario’s moose population.

MNRF is not advancing any specific policy proposals at this time; rather we welcome further input to ensure the best available information is considered prior to consulting on specific actions. An information notice has been posted to the Environmental Registry to share information and invite written comments by August 14, 2015. For more information please visit ontario.ca/environmentalregistry (#012-4587). Additional updates and opportunities for further input on Moose Project continue to be provided at ontario.ca/moose.

During Phase 2 we remain committed to working together and gathering insights from stakeholders, Aboriginal peoples and the public. We look forward to working with you throughout the Moose Project and beyond in order to achieve our collective interest in ensuring moose remain healthy across their range in Ontario.

Sincerely,

Chloe

Chloe Stuart, Director

Species Conservation Policy Branch

Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry

300 Water Street, 5th Floor North

Peterborough, ON K9J 8M5

Phone: 705-755-5341

Email: chloe.stuart@ontario.ca

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

<')(((((>{

Foozer

Thanks for posting.

I clicked a few links, got some good information, read some comments, and added my 2 cents.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

therealfndeal

To be honest I've seen more moose this year in dorion area and very little deer so far probably seen 30 moose atleast in all my travels up black sturgeon road and dorion cutoff

fishman1

It's quite sad that countless thousands have now given up on the moose hunt.

It's evident that the biologists and others in charge of the moose management have failed.

In any other Industry, they would be let go. Are these individuals still managing the herd, hunt??????

Perhaps it's time they brought some new blood in!

It's time to rebuild the team from the ground up, much like the leafs.

The old crew weren't getting the job done.

Just my 3 cents!

levi64

All I've seen in the Dorion area is bears and dozens of them.

Porkchop21

When is the 2 week period for calf hunting this season? I'm having a hard time finding it.

tracker

WMU's : 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7B*+, 8, 9A, 9B*+, 11A*+, 11B*, 12A, 12B*+, 13*, 14*, 15A, 15B, 18A, 18B, 19, 21A, 21B
Adult Moose - Oct. 10 to Dec. 15
Calf Moose - Oct. 24 to Nov. 6

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

<')(((((>{