• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest fish9876

Sawmill Bay

Guest fish9876

Has anyone heard that the landing at sawmill bay may have been sold? Can anyone confirm this?

Thefishleclair

Hope it stays the same way

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

levi64

Guess it was just a matter of time. Hopefully its a good owner and he keeps it going without hammering up the prices.

speckmaster

I'm sure they'll be better than Gary.

Kaptain Kirk

Lots all Hope it Stays The Same, and not go to private camps.

mitch

there are a group of guys that put a small down payment down. but nothing is set in stone yet. they all ice fish and have shacks Im sure they will want to keep things going out there.. Gary is a great guy. so im not sure what is meant by they will b better. give the guy a break. sure hes a little grumpy at times but you cant blame him there are some real dummies out there who drive too fast on the ice. blow by the garage without checking in etc.

Guest fish9876

Ya Mitch everyone complains about him until hes risking his life to get their shacks off the ice last minute lol. Plus the things you mentioned I dont blame the guy.

mitch

Exactly I'm sure anyone who ends up running it out there won't put up any of that as well. I know I wouldn't.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

He's not just grumpy he charges whatever he wants, if he doesn't like the colour of your truck he'll charge you more or if he's in a bad mood he'll charge you more. I called one time to ask the cost, told him how many trucks and how many guys, and was there within 2 hours of calling, got there and he charged me double what he said on the phone. I told him I called and he just said "tough times".

It was always a gamble on what he would charge. For a truck with 5 guys I've paid between 10 and 50 bucks. Usually the high end.

speckmaster

I've had similar experiences. When you're in business you need to provide consistent customer service...and that's something he didn't do regardless of the fact that some people are going to be morons.

• Like 1

Guest fish9876

Well hopefully were still allowed to use the landing to access the lake. I hope the new owners will allow it. I dont care if theres a fee.

fishman1

Sawmill bay resort provides access. So Gary's is not an issue.

Kaptain Kirk

Lets all keep are fingers crossed and hope that the new potential Owners, keep ever thing the same,

SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP

I agree with Gary being a great guy, yes grumpy and yea I dont agree with some things he does but its one of those things, until you put your feet in his shoes dont complain. And if you dont agree with what he is doing then find another access point that you feel is better. Personally, I have been helped many times by Gary while on his property and appreciate everything he does out there.

As for prices, where else can you store your crap all year for $300.00 a year? And usually that is split between whoever you own your shack with so for me its $150.00 a year. Go rent a cabin for one weekend and your paying more than that or try to store something the size of a shack somewhere and most likely a minimum of 100.00 per month. I know if it were me who owned the property i would be charging alot more than that and it would most likely be on a monthly basis. So for those who dont want their shacks there over the summer would have to haul them away. Just seems like people are quick to complain but arent the ones doing all the work out there.

• Like 1

SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP

I should say Ive never dealt with him for daily trips tho so not sure about daily costs and how he ran that aspect of his business.

Kaptain Kirk

Well Said Silver Minnow, I agree 100%

• Like 1

mikejson

Heard another rumor he sold it again... anyone hear anything?

WalleyeWayne

If it in fact has been sold, expect an increase in costs. Most anytime a service is sold people look to recoup costs asap. I've been going out there for many, many years both on day and overnight trips and have no issue with the cost structure. There's an access road and storage - what more do you want? Sometimes you never really realize what you have until it's gone.

I've expected an increase in cost every time I've ever gone out there. I'm glad to see it sold and am willing to pay a consistent fee, if it in fact stays that, consistent.

CurtisYaright

I've expected an increase in cost every time I've ever gone out there. I'm glad to see it sold and am willing to pay a consistent fee, if it in fact stays that, consistent.

The consistent fee per vehicle is written on the wall outside the main garage, along with the shack storage price.

Maybe he's charging you more because your difficult or don't listen to the rules? :o but, I don't know for sure.

I do know that the place has been sold, papers were signed and the new owners are getting help with the way things are run around the property. From what I have heard is that the new owners are great guys who all own shacks and want to keep things running the same as they are now.

:D

• Like 1