• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest fish9876

Sawmill Bay

pbear

I called Gary just about a month ago. He said its business as usual. I guess things changed just recently. I personally haven't had any issues with Gary. If he wanted out then this is a good thing. Hopefully things work out well with the new owners.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

The consistent fee per vehicle is written on the wall outside the main garage, along with the shack storage price.

Maybe he's charging you more because your difficult or don't listen to the rules? :o but, I don't know for sure.

I do know that the place has been sold, papers were signed and the new owners are getting help with the way things are run around the property. From what I have heard is that the new owners are great guys who all own shacks and want to keep things running the same as they are now.

:D

He's charging me more because most times I've shown up he was intoxicated, grumpy, and an overall butthead.

CurtisYaright

He's charging me more because most times I've shown up he was intoxicated, grumpy, and an overall butthead.

You obviously got on his wrong side.

I do know that the guys that bought garys love him and are members of this site!

Good luck to you Brodie!

I don't need luck. I just give my money to other people now. Being charged between 10 bucks and 50 bucks for a truck of 5 guys. Two different days in a row, with absolutely no sour experience with Gary. I'm not the only one who experienced this.

fishman1

I wish Gary the best in his retirement. There comes a time when it's time.to call it a day.i hope his health is good so he can enjoy it.

naden

I don't need luck. I just give my money to other people now. Being charged between 10 bucks and 50 bucks for a truck of 5 guys. Two different days in a row, with absolutely no sour experience with Gary. I'm not the only one who experienced this.

I have had similar experiences. I don't fish lac often and have never had any issues with Gary but the price seems to be randomly selected.

Foozer

Agreed.

Two trips last year. Me and my dad in my truck both times.....

TWO different rates!!

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

johnr

Anyone who has served the public for as long as he has [17 years at Sawmill Bay and countless others at the store on the highway] can't help but be a little "battle fatigued! Not making any excuses for the man ....just saying ....on any given day you come across [a very small percentage] of people who make you wish for a cull of the herd! The old motto is satisfy one person and they will tell a friend, dissatisfy one person and they will tell ten! The "never satisfied" will wear you down over time and before you realize, make you a little more gruff and a little less apt to believe that the "customer is always right" From one battle tested, self employed business man to another i wish him peace and best wishes in his retirement. I also relay my best wishes to the new owners and suggest that if they are still there after 15 years they too will be just a little more life tested than they are now.

• Like 1

fishman1

Just remember, the customer is always right, and they pay the bills!

There is no need to put up with unsavy business owners, there are others that want our business.

I was always treated well at sawmill bay resort and pine point!

SILVER MINNOW BAIT SHOP

Just remember, the customer is always right, and they pay the bills!

There is no need to put up with unsavy business owners, there are others that want our business.

I was always treated well at sawmill bay resort and pine point!

I am one that believes in "treat people how you want to be treated" whether a business owner or not. NOT " the customer is always right". I have dealt with a few people that I would rather go see the competition because its not worth the bother. So yes, the customer should be treated fairly and I as a business owner will try to accomodate my customers the best I can but to say the customer is "always" right is false in my opinion. There are some people who will never be satisfied with the service they get and in my opinion Can go deal deal with someone else. Like Johnr said, once you are on the other end of things you see things a little different!

Either way, I FINALLY am getting a chance to get up to my camp. Will be slaying the waldos tomorrow and sunday! Second time out since ice off! Cant wait!!!! 😜😀👍🐟🐟

• Like 1

levi64

I can only speak for myself but Gary's always treated me great. Never a problem and always helpful. I wish him a great retirement, well deserved.

On the other hand,I've seen a lot of jackazzes out there. I figure you get what you give.

• Like 2

Lyle Reiner

Ive also never had any bad experiences with Gary, then again I am not an arrogant butthole who never does anything wrong, with a huge entitlement complex. But thats just me, I'm thankful for the access.

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Well if you haven't then that must mean everyone who has is lying, or just a terrible person looking to get on his bad side. There wouldn't be as many people with an issue if there wasn't some factual grounds to their claim. You are acting like I'm the only one who has ever had unsatisfactory or inconsistent service.

fishman1

I am one that believes in "treat people how you want to be treated" whether a business owner or not. NOT " the customer is always right". I have dealt with a few people that I would rather go see the competition because its not worth the bother. So yes, the customer should be treated fairly and I as a business owner will try to accomodate my customers the best I can but to say the customer is "always" right is false in my opinion. There are some people who will never be satisfied with the service they get and in my opinion Can go deal deal with someone else. Like Johnr said, once you are on the other end of things you see things a little different!

Either way, I FINALLY am getting a chance to get up to my camp. Will be slaying the waldos tomorrow and sunday! Second time out since ice off! Cant wait!!!! 😜😀👍🐟🐟

sometimes you gotta suck it up minnow man, you never lose 1 customer, it's them and their friends! But I do understand some people are hard to deal with.

naden

Gonna have to agree with Brodie on this one. I don't know him personally but he posts often on this site and I've never got the impression that he would be the type of person to act like a butthole or a jackass and doubt he is arrogant or has a sense of entitlement. You pay for a service and therefore expect not to get treated poorly while your handing over your hard earned cash. I understand there is lots of idiots out there but I don't really care that doesn't mean you get to treat everyone like an they are an idiot. Hopefully the new owners are better and prices are consistent!

mitch

Well if you haven't then that must mean everyone who has is lying, or just a terrible person looking to get on his bad side. There wouldn't be as many people with an issue if there wasn't some factual grounds to their claim. You are acting like I'm the only one who has ever had unsatisfactory or inconsistent service.

well you sure wont shut up about it!!!!!!!!!!! please get over it!

• Like 1

mikejson

Just FYI, was at Gary's today, he said 3 guys are buying it and he's just finishing up the deal. He said the plan is to continue operating as usual.

I didn't ask about fees, as he couldn't really truthfully answer that anyway :P

BIG SMOKE

Pretty confident that the new owners will do just fine.

68camaro

New fees are going to be $400/yr. Seems kinda high to me.

BIG SMOKE

Deal not even closed and there's already fee numbers being thrown out? Strange.

Guest Slowey

I know one of the guys who bought it and he has 2 partners who are in with him there all great guys I think the rent might go up a bit but I understand once he told me what it costs for insurance to have our shacks out there. Believe me $400yr is minimal to fish yr around and leave my shack there believe me its a good thing these guys bought it and not AMERICANS. People out there will be happy.