• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DarrenRackShack

What to buy? - Camo

Guest DarrenRackShack

Last year I was in the market for new camo and I bought some Under Armour on sale in the states, they aren't bad, lots of pockets, decently warm when I layer but they do get wet and if I'm in the stand and rest my bow on my lap, any frosty metal plart sticks to the felt type fabric.

This year I'm looking for a jacket, I've had the cheap canadian tire remington stuff int he past when I first started out and needed something cheap and quick. Now I'm looking for something a bit better, that will last for a few years. I've been told to check out Sitka but I don't crap gold bricks so we can already get that off the table. LOL.

What do you guys suggest, recommend and swear by. I need something warm, waterproof, wind proof, and not too bulky as I am a bow hunter...and...GO!

TroutHunter

You in a ground blind or tree stand?? In my ground blind, a propane Buddy Heater helps keep the chill out on those cold days... A decent investment to think about compared to a potentially bulky jacket when bow hunting... In my tree stand, i usually layer up with merino wool base, polar fleece long sleeve, and med wt jacket... ditto for my legs, but insulated gander mountain bibs and 2000gr thinsulate boots w/wool socks

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

Mr. Canoehead

I got the m65 jacket from the military surplus store on Simpson st. Rugged as hell and very warm if you use liner. Cotton is so much more comfortable and quieter than all the synthetics.

randomheroj

Last year I was in the market for new camo and I bought some Under Armour on sale in the states, they aren't bad, lots of pockets, decently warm when I layer but they do get wet and if I'm in the stand and rest my bow on my lap, any frosty metal plart sticks to the felt type fabric.

This year I'm looking for a jacket, I've had the cheap canadian tire remington stuff int he past when I first started out and needed something cheap and quick. Now I'm looking for something a bit better, that will last for a few years. I've been told to check out Sitka but I don't crap gold bricks so we can already get that off the table. LOL.

What do you guys suggest, recommend and swear by. I need something warm, waterproof, wind proof, and not too bulky as I am a bow hunter...and...GO!

i have Under Armour everything i love it all nice and warm silent

Monks

Sitka gear is real nice. You pay for it but it's light and warm and breathable. For waterproof an warmth hard to beat Rivers West. It's not breathable tho. I pack in my bibs and jacket to my tree stand and wear a light Sitka gear base layer.

Guest DarrenRackShack

Hey random hero, what under armour did you buy that is warm enough for late season hunts? How does it fit?