• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MetalFishing

Whitefish Lake Ice Conditions

MetalFishing

Is anyone going out there anytime soon? I was in the area yesterday and it's solid all over but didn't have an auger, wondering how thick it is

AmateurHourAngling

Any update after the rain & warm weather? Anyone drive by and 

notice if the shacks were still out

-JADEN

CountDupu

4-5" of ice on lake as of today, shacks still out, and a few out on the ice fishing. Seen a couple sleds running around but I wouldnt advice it.

BMAN84

Wow, people need to be smarter, hopefully everyone is okay. What will be done to get the shack out of the lake? 

BearSlayer

Heard that the shack went through only one side and they moved it.

levi64
9 hours ago, mrich42 said:

Wow, people need to be smarter, hopefully everyone is okay. What will be done to get the shack out of the lake? 

Smarter is right, wow.

AmateurHourAngling

How're the walking conditions?

-JADEN

Andrewkruchak

Sick, I was there on Monday before all the rain. There was 4-5" of ice. 

tbayfinn

Looks like over a foot of snow forecast for the Whitefish area by Monday, that's going to make ice conditions nasty....

• Like 1

Walleeslayer

Anyone been out there today or yesterday any info on ice conditions would be great ! 

pastor norm

I drove past today.  No one was at the public launch.

With a load of wet snow on it, I wouldn't venture on it.

I was on a speck lake and there was 4-5 inches of ice

on it and still tight to the edges.  It's going to sag unless

we get some very cold temps soon.

WalleyeWayne

I was on the lake fishing last Saturday. There was 3-4" of ice nearer to shore, but closer to 5" further out towards the islands. We were gonna go again yesterday, but passed due to the sleet and snow. Someone had been on the ice with a sled, but there were no signs of any shacks out there. If the lake dosn't get pummeled again with rain, I would think there should be at least 6" of ice by this weekend. When in doubt, walk out and drill as you go.

• Like 2

gsambray

Any updates after the crappy weather this week?  Hoping that since its been colder it helped not hurt

Clewis

my buddy went out today, caught a couple walleye. he says 7 inches of ice .

Fred

Almost ready to drive a sled out. I might go during this week. I will post to let you know how much ice there is when I go.

jason

I'm heading out on sled tomorrow or Tuesday. Should be plenty of ice for sled now will find out. 

sinker7

Did a trip Tuesday afternoon/evening. Lots of snow out there. 4-5" of ice. Slushy areas 4-6" deep under the snow. Water covered the ice within a half hour of drilling holes. Given the recent rains the slush/water conditions.....????....wear rubber boots!!

Merry Christmas!!

xf800

How's the conditions on whitefish?

sinker7

Went out this morning. Still 4+" of ice. Another 4-5" of snow since Tuesday. Some of the real slushy areas have crusted over. Drill holes in a dry area and it gets messy quick.  

xf800

I went out this afternoon in front of the landing was a bunch of slush. I did not walk out too far from the landing but was dry where I fished. Was just over 4 inches of clear ice and a couple inches of junk ice on top.

JohnZ
54 minutes ago, xf800 said:

I went out this afternoon in front of the landing was a bunch of slush. I did not walk out too far from the landing but was dry where I fished. Was just over 4 inches of clear ice and a couple inches of junk ice on top.

How was the fishing? I was thinking of trying to get some perch out there. 

xf800

I got a few bites soon as got there then nothing after that. I might go next week and bring the sled out. Was strange to be on whitefish at the end of December and only a couple people on the lake. Also was first time that fished the lake without seeing shacks truck sleds and quads all over it. I hope things get better with the cold weather.

gsambray

Was out yeaterday. Didn't venture out too far since I was by myself. 5 inches of good ice with another 5 inches of crap on top. Lots of slushy areas and the fishing was okay 

shmanks

Looking to go out Sunday I will be walking out....I am going to be walking out how much does the guy at maki bay charge to park and walk out? Going with two other people