• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MetalFishing

Whitefish Lake Ice Conditions

gsambray

Maki charges 5 bucks a vehicle. Public launch is free and about the same distance to walk out

shmanks

Well looks like I am going tomorrow just going to park at the public launch and walk out over to the same area as the shacks. Anyone know if another spot and what should I be using? Just a medium minnow and a jig? Thanks to anyone who can help :)

gsambray

I usually have a large minnow or small sucker on a tip up and my jigging rod with a micro ice jig tipped with a piece of worm. Worms seem to get the perch and the walleye usually hit the minnow

shmanks
5 hours ago, gsambray said:

I usually have a large minnow or small sucker on a tip up and my jigging rod with a micro ice jig tipped with a piece of worm. Worms seem to get the perch and the walleye usually hit the minnow

Great thanks a lot I'll let you guys know how I do I'll be out there for the day

gsambray

Just got off the lake. Lot more ice than there was on Monday and the slush seem to tighten up too. A lot of trucks on the lake but seems kinda early yet to me. Also had a visit from mnr 

scandiman

Shocked that there's trucks out there already. I measured 4" of solid ice on Thursday and 6-8" of junk ice on top of that. 

shmanks

Out right now had our only strike brake the line on the side of the hole and sitting in our pop up we can see the perch just looking at our worms lol

gsambray

It took a few hours yesterday but we managed two limits of walleye. The hard part was a lot of fish were in the 19 - 20 inch range. The nice 16s were hard to come by

shmanks

No luck only caught one pike that snapped a line in our pop up then took our second line haha was a nice day to be out

Jayfishin

Has PM bite been better than am lately?

Thinking of hitting it tomorrow am then trying for specks in the pm nearby.  Any info would be appreciated.

Thx

Jay

gsambray

I've only done the pm lately but Saturday going early to see if it's any better. Pm bite has slowed down it seems

Jayfishin

Thanks for the info. Decided to hit Lac today instead...and it ended up being a decent day of fishing. As for Whitefish, I need to do some scouting in the summer in my boat to find those nice weed beds and save some waypoints for winter fishing.

BMAN84

how far I gotta walk from public launch to get on some fish?

Thefishleclair
20 hours ago, Jayfishin said:

Thanks for the info. Decided to hit Lac today instead...and it ended up being a decent day of fishing. As for Whitefish, I need to do some scouting in the summer in my boat to find those nice weed beds and save some waypoints for winter fishing.

Be easier if you saved waypoints where there wasn't weed beds!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

gsambray

I usually start halfway between the launch and islands and go further as the day goes on. I am going tomorrow stop and say hi

BMAN84

ibmay try it out. Is my car going to get stuck at the public landing? Is it plowed?

gsambray

Out at whitefish right now. Public landing is not plowed. Rutted up pretty good too. I wouldn't  bring a car in

BirchPoint2014

How's the public landing able to drive truck and skidoo trailer down  and out agian 

BirchPoint2014

CEO & COO of Birch Point Resort 

Kashabowie, ON

xf800

On Saturday was able to drive in and out with a skidoo trailer with no problems, and able to park at the landing was pretty packed down.Went down the lake on the sled and were some good slush patches.

BirchPoint2014

K great thanks for the info planning on heading out thus weekend 

BirchPoint2014

CEO & COO of Birch Point Resort 

Kashabowie, ON

flyndie22

Hows the bite been out there thinking about heading down tmr 

tronnyd88

ive never fished whitefish ice or summer but i was thinking of taking my daighter there on the weekend. is there a general area to fish or if anyone could give me sum direction. also howa the condition i was on arrow this weekend ice was good but messy on top