• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MetalFishing

Whitefish Lake Ice Conditions

naden

I dont know much about the fishing but about 10 days ago I was on a bunch of lakes between whitefish and northern lights and whitefish had the least slush by far. 

jason

Was wondering how the public launch is?  It wasn't the greatest last Tuesday when I was there.  I barely made it back out to the highway. The snow was deep and super soft.

jason

So I'm guessing no one was at the public boat launch at whitefish lake since February 16/16. I have a hard time believing that's true. Great help this site is, it's not like I was asking for fishing spots lol just asking for the condition of a public launch lol. Guess I better bring a shovel. 

AmateurHourAngling

Not many weekend warriors fishwhitefish lake after first ice since the fishing is next to none and the conditions suck for a chance at a getting a bite 

-JADEN

jason

Well every second  weekend I'm there it seems busy and I catch walleye every time I go because I have put my time and effort in on that lake learning where to fish as well as help from great guys like Roger. 

gsambray

Last weekend it looked crappy. That's my opinion from just driving by

jason

The landing was good Friday and when I left around 1030am Saturday it was still good. Looked like it was plowed before Friday but just one pass not the whole area which is better than nothing 

fisherer

Planning on heading out for a fish on Thursday, anybody know how the ice is looking. As well as if anybody has had any decent luck lately as well. Anything will help,

Thanks 

jason

I will be going there today so I will let you know how it is. Getting any answers on this board is tough kinda like pulling teeth but less painful lol. 

offroader
20 minutes ago, jason said:

I will be going there today so I will let you know how it is. Getting any answers on this board is tough kinda like pulling teeth but less painful lol. 

Yes, some "secrets" are taken to the grave    😆

• Like 1

Some Old Guy

If I went I would tell ya. I haven't fished it once tis year. Usually I'm there quite often.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

jason

Lots of ice still where I was fishing,  I didn't measure thickness but it was definitely safe. Walleyes were biting really good between 8am and 9am and around 9pm.  The pike were super aggressive too between 3pm and 7pm but I don't mind because it's fun. The public launch is a gong show lots of deeps ruts and it's not plowed so a car won't be a good option. 

jason
On March 22, 2016 at 8:18 AM, offroader said:

Yes, some "secrets" are taken to the grave    😆

So ice thickness for people's safety is a secret.  People who believe this should get a reality check. And a lesson in safety and honesty. 

Some Old Guy

I think he was referring to the decent luck portion and not ice conditions.

Roger

• Like 1

offroader
On 3/24/2016 at 8:03 PM, jason said:

So ice thickness for people's safety is a secret.  People who believe this should get a reality check. And a lesson in safety and honesty. 

Apparently my attempt at humour failed  😌

• Like 1

Some Old Guy

No it didn't! I got it.......

Roger

• Like 2

offroader
22 hours ago, offroader said:

Apparently my attempt at humour failed  😌

22 hours ago, Roger Mayer said:

No it didn't! I got it.......

Roger

👋 Hi 5 bro!   😉

gsambray

Any updates on the ice?  Heading there in the morning and didn't want any surprises

gsambray

Was out today. Lots of ice a bit of snow and slow fishing. And an expensive day. Got a 60 pounder. Damn dog grabbed my minnow and imbedded the hook under her tongue. Off to the vet for a hook removal. Thanks to the guy who lent me his forceps. Much appreciated. 

FishyFishy

Hello was thinking about heading out to the lake tomorrow and was looking for an update on ice conditions and how the fishing is thanks everyone