• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tozer08

Arrow Lake Conditions

manthew

Walking out onto west arrow from the narrows on Sunday. Will the fish be within walking distance or should I bring the sled?

Ryguy83

I've never fished Arrow in the winter; whats the best (safest) way to get on the lake to hit trout waters? Is there an access to West Arrow or only on the East? Looking to try a few lakes in the area for an upcoming long weekend.

gsambray

Went Saturday. No slush and lots of ice. Parked by the narrows or at least at the end of the plowed section and walked in through moose beach. Don't have to go far either. I was fishing all over in different depths and the most action was  70 fow. Thanks to rockwood baits making me up a larger version of his perch teaser which worked amazing. The fish were right at bottom and would follow your line right off bottom to 20 fow and slam your line. Definitely fun to watch on the flasher. 

image.thumb.jpeg.563f60db1912f4f0ab43bbb

• Like 1

manthew

Went out yesterday morning. Landed one in 15fow on a white tube jig first thing and was content with that. Might try the point in the middle with the sled on weds. Cheers. 

RatherBeFishin

Went from the beach on east arrow sunday  out maybe a km on left shore and fished in about 40 ft of water. Caught 1 about 2.5 to 3lbs and lost one about the same size. That was all.  It was windy and chilly so i wasnt doing to much moving around however. Wasnt much slush on the lake when i went for a rip on the sled however there was abit in spots ! Boy does that lake ever get wicked drifts !!

Red_Nuck

Gsambray: How far did you have to walk from the parking spot to where you fished at the narrows? How far off shore and in how deep of water?

gsambray

Maybe 20 minutes of walking. Fished from 35 - 70fow. And only went maybe 150yrds out from shore

gsambray

Gonna try a new spot one of the camp owners told me about on Saturday. Supposed to be good whitefish there. Will post results

tronnyd88

i fished east arrow in front of my camp last weekend pme laker and one whitefish. i only fish 20-40 feet since i was a kid

gsambray

Saturday was pretty sloppy and the fishing was very slow. Only managed a small whitefish. There was still at least 12inches of clear ice

Tozer08

Does anybody know If you can access the east end of arrow lake from the narrows campground?  I thought I seen a trail last year heading that direction when I went to the west end of the lake but never ventured down it? Or is it just safest to stick with the entrance by the dam?

Tozer08
10 minutes ago, sportspal said:

yes you can, very easy.

Thanks!

walleyewarrior

Tons of ice. No slush. Was out today. 

• Like 1

gsambray

Any updates on conditions 

Wildcat

thinking of heading out on Sunday, Any info on whether i would be able to access the lake from the narrows with the quad or do i still need the sled, thanks,

manthew

Heading out to West arrow today. Will update when I get back home. Cheers.

Tozer08
39 minutes ago, manthew said:

Heading out to West arrow today. Will update when I get back home. Cheers.

Would like to know if there is any snow left on the lake, hopefully it's not to hard on the sliders on the sled this weekend, might have to take the quad out.

manthew

Not much snow left. Maybe an inch or two. 18" or so of ice left. 10 of which is still good. Couple sleds out yesterday. Don't know how long the snow will last with the warm weather today. I just walked out from the narrows and got into some nice Lakers. 6lber being the biggest in 15fow on a medlarge minnow

• Like 1

tronnyd88

im heading out monday for a few days if anyone goes out sunday i would like to know how the warm weather affects the lake

Wildcat
6 hours ago, manthew said:

Not much snow left. Maybe an inch or two. 18" or so of ice left. 10 of which is still good. Couple sleds out yesterday. Don't know how long the snow will last with the warm weather today. I just walked out from the narrows and got into some nice Lakers. 6lber being the biggest in 15fow on a medlarge minnow

thanks for the info.

• Like 1

naden

anyone ever bump into any walleyes ice fishing at arrow?