• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GC 54

RD On The Mend--But It Will Take Time

GC 54

In case you haven't heard yet, or you don't frequent the Officially Rugged site, or listen to Gord Ellis' outdoor feature on CBC radio, RD was seriously injured this past weekend when he fell off a ladder from 25 feet. Even with a broken collar bone, broken ribs, and a broken hip that required surgery with repairs using metal plates and screws, he still considers himself lucky. Not tying off the ladder or yourself, obviously isn't very rugged, and RD agrees.

I was sitting in the ER waiting room when Mahumba walked through. He told me he was up visiting RD. After I was finished with my problem in the ER, I went up to visit RD.

There was the Rugged Dude laying there looking pretty limp, not very rugged at all.

I spent a short time with him. They were preparing to send him to St. Joe's for rehabilitation and recovery.

He told me to thank everyone for the 'get well wishes' he has been receiving.

"I could have ended up in a wheel chair for the rest of my life, or worse yet, not around to talk about it anymore."

Hope he has a speedy recovery, I know the nurses will take 'good care' of him. Even nurse Bruce!

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

Some Old Guy

Yes I was up visiting RD today.

He is hurting but still joking around with the nurses and his spirit seemed up.

Problably not a good idea not tying the ladder off but accidents do happen and this one is unfortunate.

The one rugged thing is that RD was able to crawl, roll or whatever he had to do to move 50-65 feet to get to his phone inside his home and call 911 with the broken bones he had. That had to have been hard to do.

When I went to see him he was sitting up having lunch. I helped him lay back down as his pain was pretty bad. He has broken ribs, a broken clavicle and broken hip or pelvis, not clear on that one.

As GC said he's very lucky to only have the injuries that he has. It could have been way worse.

But I do have a question for his show now,

A nurse wiping your bum, Rugged or Unrugged? (I'm only funnin' ya RD!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

GC 54

In his moments of humour, RD told me that he hadn't had to sit on that silver bowl, yet.

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

Guest fishinbuddy

Hey Roger. Before I can answer you rugged question, I need to now if the nurse is a she or a he and if they are useing pillowey soft charmins or 80 grit sand paper. Because the little details like that can make it fall either way. LOL Seriously though I hope RD has a speedy recovery.

Fishinbuddy

Hey Roger. Before I can answer you rugged question, I need to now if the nurse is a she or a he and if they are useing pillowey soft charmins or 80 grit sand paper. Because the little details like that can make it fall either way. LOL Seriously though I hope RD has a speedy recovery.

Fishinbuddy

Guest Dan

OUCH!!! Get well soon RD. I had a similar fall about a dozen years ago and broke my pelvis. Not fun. Time is the greatest healer. And it seems that RD has plenty of that right now.

Guest TerryK

As much as his show annoys me I wish RD a speedy recovery! Anyone who climbs that high on a ladder (as I do) is truly Rugged in my book!