• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bunnyfoofoo

Worms found in Rainbows

Bunnyfoofoo

While cleaning Rainbows this year i found in 2 of them "white worms" in the gut cavity of one fish and thought nothing of it, till i caught another and had the same thing. One was caught with ice still on rivers other was caught not to long ago. Just wondering if any of you guys have seen them in your fish. i did some digging and it seems they are all to common in Rainbows and many other fish. A couple of things i dug up.

http://collier.ifas.ufl.edu/SeaGrant/pubs/Fact%20Sheet%20on%20worms%20in%20fish.docx[1].pdf

http://media.spokesman.com/documents/2012/11/out_parasites.pdf

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot!

TroutHunter

I've caught brook trout with the same thing.  No worms in the flesh (that I noticed), just a ball of white wiggly worms in the gut cavity. I've eaten these fish with no issues.... Yet haha

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

Bunnyfoofoo

Same, iv seen them in bass to and i am fine. Was just seeing if anyone has seen them in there trout.

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot!