• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Jelly Belly

Salmon 2016

Bunnyfoofoo

nice work. were you far out.

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot!

Jelly Belly

There's a river we fish they'll come to the mouth where the water warms up for about a month.

Thefishleclair

Sweet catch. Making me want to get out there

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Kaptain Kirk

Congrats Jelly Belly. Nice One, Good Eater.

Jelly Belly

Thanks! Working my run right now. Days off I'll get a pickeral fish in then go for these ones again. I don't pickeral fish much. Mainly spend the summer fishing for these.

Bunnyfoofoo

do you use hoochie's ......they seem to like them..

hoochie.JPG

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot!

Zackcorbin1401

I've only been salmon fishing out on superior one time before and never caught anything. I do not trust my boat and motor out there.

Johnnyreid

Those are nice looking hoochies. Did you buy those in town?

Jelly Belly

I don't use them. Have friends that do. They work!! I just have a program that works for me depending on time of year. 

fishman1

How long do you fish the mouth of the Pic?

Jelly Belly

Don't fish mouth of pic. Go further east down the coast.

Jelly Belly

Went out last evening. We got 6 salmon 1 rainbow 3 Lakers. Got the salmon in 40 feet water 18 and 25 down. 

• Like 1

Jelly Belly

Picked this one on a flat line.  Only hit tonight. Was raining hard on and off. Orange  J 13  rap.

20160528_202123.jpg

• Like 1

Bunnyfoofoo

those lures were just a photo i used to see if he used them is all.

pastor norm

hoochies do work in Lake Superior, attached as they usually are with a short leader behind a flasher.  Salmon and lakers like them. The ones with spinners on them, like foo-foo illustrated above, may not need a flasher because of added pulse and flash the spinners give them.  They would work in the same manner as a bucktail trolled in the propwash, a method which has caught many coho on the west coast.  I have caught ONE lake superior salmon with a smaller hoochie/spinner combo on a fast sink flyline. 

Just make sure you trolling fast enough to get those flashers and hoochies moving in the water column.   

Jelly Belly

June 3rd started fishing at 5:30am fished the morning. Ended up with 4 salmon. This one was biggest.

8652.jpeg

• Like 1

Jelly Belly

Yes we are getting a bigger class this year so far. Hoping it gets better.

Jelly Belly

AB those are nice. Where are you catching those. I fish out from the white river till end June. July and August fish Wawa till Sept all I can.

Jelly Belly

Went out Tuesday June 14. 1 salmon  1 rainbow 1 laker. Salmon hit on a Micheal Jackson.

20160614_194923.jpg

• Like 1

Jelly Belly

Went out this morning soon as got home from work 5am till 9:30am. We lucked out with 2 with one weighing 6 1/2. Hit on NK antifreeze. 20 to 30 down on rigger. Not much of pic this am.

20160618_094612.jpg

Jelly Belly

June 23 evening. Caught 1 salmon missed 2 at the boat. A few Lakers too. Got them on a green camo pro king. NK purple thunder.  22 feet down and 28 down on balls in 40 feet water.

20160623_203406.jpg

Jelly Belly

Went our this morning. Set up by 5am fished till 8 am.  Picked up two. One on a NK antifreeze and 1 on a NK purple thunder. 60 feet of water. 22 and 26 down. One was smaller. But hurt him good so gad to keep it.

20160702_085536.jpg