• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Jelly Belly

Salmon 2016

Jelly Belly

This morning set in dark. Fish till 10am. Got 2 salmon only took pic of one. 8 knock offs plenty of Lakers. 6am till about 715 was busiest.Missed one good fish. Pretty sure it was a salmon. Angrily shook it's head same as wife when she has enough of my fishing for a few days.

8817.jpeg

jrock

Nice fish! Got my biggest from the lake today. Just shy of 10lbs.20160703_104511.jpg

jrock

Only salmon today. 

IMG_20160703_073726.jpg

Jelly Belly

Awesome nice fish!! Thanks for sharing the pics.

AB

Nice to see the double digit fish!

Congratulations!

I covered a lot of water this weekend. Saturday was a bust, but Sunday turned into Redemption Day! Nothing bigger than 6lbs but the fish pulled harder than their weight class that's for sure.

Keep washing those lures and enjoying the views!

AB

Dawns early light.jpg

Easy Living.jpg

Junior

Finally got out last week for an evening of fishing on Superior. It was a busy evening as we picked up 5 Lakers and 3 Salmon in 2.5 hours. Both the Lakers and the Salmon seemed to be bigger this year :)

137.JPGIMG_2399.JPG

Jelly Belly

Those are really nice fish everyone.!! Thanks for posting and sharing.

PRO V

...........nice job guys, those are some good eats.

Mike

AB

I'm lucky enough to have a cannon Speed N Temp on one of my 'riggers. So this is a question for the guys that also run submerged temperature units.

How low will you go with regards to temperature at the ball?

I try keep the gear around the 50F mark, and have no concern if the water dips down to 48F. Conversely, I don't like fishing any warmer than say 55F.

I can see fish and bait down in the depths, but never have much success for salmon in the summer if I put the gear down below that 48F mark. I've pulled lakers out of the 45F water down deep, but never any salmon.

What have you guys seen? I'm wondering if I'm just not fishing in the chilly water because of past memories?

tight lines!

AB

Barrski

I have fished Georgian Bay, Owen Sound area for the last three years. Daybreak fishing I will run warmer temps on contour breaks as the fish feed but as the sun comes up  I try to stay around the 48-50 degree most fishing days. When the sun gets up high I will go as low as 46 degrees and have had some pretty good luck. When the derby is on and the bay has 400-500 boats dragging hardware around it will drive the salmon deep. Couple salmon I got running Anchovies down 45-46 degree in 120'over 140 last summer. 

On a side note I'm moving back to Thunder Bay next week just in time to get a couple days fishing the derby. 

Barrski

image.jpeg

Jelly Belly

For what's it's worth. I put the probe down and look for 44 degrees. Then bring it up to the 48 50 degree. We will run one at that temp then come up each kine after by 10 feet and see what and where. We try to have 4 in the boat as that allows us 8 lines. So we can run different colors.  Going to wawa on Sunday and there we can only run one line each but will still use the probe. Now we will fish Wawa rest of summer. Then hit the nipigon river later. Please post pics of your fish guys as I love seeing them. Let yas know Monday how we made out.

• Like 1

AB

Picked up a tray of Herring from DnR last week. They are a little on the larger side.

After a soak in the brine, they held up well.

Mental note to bring a bar of soap to the boat....the butter tarts didn't taste quite right with the morning coffee after stuffing these things into a teaser head.

I haven't met a lake trout that doesn't love a nice salted snack!  Maybe I need to tweak the brine for salmon?

AB

Herring prep.jpg

spindilla1

Loving the salmon and laker pics, keep them coming!

jrock

Quick after work fish.20160708_214723.jpg

• Like 1

NorthwestHunter

Fished for salmon in the big lake for my first time last week. While fishing solo, without riggers or planer boards, I manager to boat this 9lb 2oz salmon while flatlining a crank.  Quite the battle on a 7'-3" MED spinning rod!

image.jpg

• Like 3

Whitetail hunting, not just a 3 month season...a 12 month obsession

AB
1 hour ago, NorthwestHunter said:

Fished for salmon in the big lake for my first time last week. While fishing solo, without riggers or planer boards, I manager to boat this 9lb 2oz salmon while flatlining a crank.  Quite the battle on a 7'-3" MED spinning rod!

image.jpg

I think you are gonna need a bigger net....

Awesome fish! Must have been an epic battle!

Congrats again!

AB

Thefishleclair

My buds an I Managed to get 10 boated in a week. 

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

NorthwestHunter
4 hours ago, pastor norm said:

Very nice catch!  What sort of crankbait were you using?

AB -- try cutting the whole herring into strips:

http://www.bcoutdoorsmagazine.com/Herring_Strip_The_Forgotten_Bait

I was trolling a Yo-Zuri Crystal Minnow Deep Diver at approx. 2.8-3.0 mph. 

Whitetail hunting, not just a 3 month season...a 12 month obsession

Jelly Belly

Very very nice fish guys congrats. Please keep them coming I enjoy seeing those beautiful fish. I went down the coast of superior looking for another species as in my other post. Last time I was able to get out till end off July.  Please keep posting.

MR.SAFETY

We have been out in the bay in the last few days. We were not getting lots of fish but the ones we did get were all nice size. Even the trout were good on the smoker. We were finding them in 22 feet of water and as deep as 40. Nasty boy spoons were the favorite. They were hitting it hard for most of the day but early morning seemed to be the best with a few one hour before dark. lots of fun. It was Sues first salmon. I think she's hooked. 

IMG_0768.JPG

IMG_0771.JPG

IMG_0780.JPG

Castnblast

Here are a caught few swingin flies last week in BC...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg