• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Castnblast

Trout more popular than walleye or bass?

Castnblast

Hey Roger, question for you....

the Steelhead thread posted on March 10th has recieved 17,000 views. Each year is similar. 

Open water walleye and bass discussions seem to pale in comparison in terms of views.

Any thoughts as to why?

Some Old Guy

Good question.

Smaller window for fishing for steelhead?

Everything else is in limbo due to closed seasons and or unsafe ice?

Anticipated information on in city fishing opportunities.

And of course, well it wasn't too bad this year, the actual thread controversy!

Roger

• Like 1

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Bunnyfoofoo

it's a pot and it gets stirred sometimes more than we want.........(but we keep coming back for more drama) stir .. stir....

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot!

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Trout =Float  and a hook...fish on.   Lol

Bass walleye=2nd mortgage. Electric trolling motor ,gas kicker 12 inch screens. 30 Plano boxes, livewell , bait well. Gas , 2 stroke oil. 12 rods. 50 lbs of plastics . 

If u wanna be a millionaire bass fishing..start out as Billionaire 

Cheers

• Like 4

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

fishman1

3 year old can catch walleye and bass, not steelhead. It's a far more exciting  and takes so much more skill to fish these. Walleye, bass, drop your line over the boat and sit and wait. 0 skill, that's why the bass and walleye guys don't go for steelhead, ! 

Haha joking! Stir the pot?

• Like 1

Bunnyfoofoo

fish will be fish. Sometimes no skill required and other times it is all skill. But that is fishing.

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot!

gsambray

Pound for pound trout fight better. Both are good eating and fun to catch

• Like 1

eyelander
5 hours ago, Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin said:

Bass walleye=2nd mortgage. Electric trolling motor ,gas kicker 12 inch screens. 30 Plano boxes, livewell , bait well. Gas , 2 stroke oil. 12 rods. 50 lbs of plastics . 

Cheers

LOL!!!!!!!

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Steinhoff

I agree with roger. I love walleye fishing but in the spring when walleye are closed  steelhead is by far the most fun to do. I went this year a fair bit more than years in the past and it brought back some amazing memories. To be honest I forgot how much I enjoyed being on the rivers. 

spindilla1
On 5/28/2016 at 11:41 AM, Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin said:

Cheers

Beg to differ, good trout gear cost way more.......

Not a single person bid on my 1800 dollar centerpin and there are centerpins over 10K, fly gear is a whole different ball game especially when quality gear like sage and sage custom gear is concerned.  A good fluorocarbon tippet is like 7 bucks for one, that's only 5 ft of line.......

• Like 1

spindilla1

The reel in my screen shot is over 5 grand and you will never see it for sale because it's a collectors item.  A sage one spey rod cost over a thousand dollars......A fast river boat cost way more than a bass boat....

You can't go in the Niagara river with your two stroke outboard dude......You need a jet drive if your serious and fish serious river systems......

Oh yeah and mooching rods/reels and downrigging gear for salmon and trout....There are so many more ways to land a rainbow and salmon its just more fun and way more expensive and they fight better anyway.....

• Like 1

spindilla1

Only real trout fisherman know the difference, bass fisherman don't know because they don't have the patience to try.......

They just sit back and hate on our spey rods because I can buy two of your trucks with the price of my centerpin setup alone........

A trout is smarter than the average bass fisherman..........lol

• Like 1

fishman1

Spindilla! U nailed it on the head +3.  Don't see any comebacks. Never mind rods and reels, look at the cost of waders and wading jackets!

Resorts like langara and west coast fishing lodge, skeena wilderness adventures, babine lodge, sustut, bulkley, booked years in advance at around $1 k US per day. 

Dont see the bass or walter fisherman forking out that kind of cash. 

Im a die hard lake fisherman, but I'll be the first to admit, ou river, trout fisherman have forgotten more than the bass walleye guys have learned!

trout salmon are exciting to fish and catch, my walleye s and bass, yes okay, I'll throw in the towel, BORING!

JohnZ

I fish for both with my $70 ugly stik spinning rod.. It worked fine.

• Like 1

gsambray

53 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

I fish for both with my $70 ugly stik spinning rod.. It worked fine.

Me too. Caught my biggest salmon on an old 6.6ft ugly stick last year in the nipigon river. Just barely over the 15 pound mark. An awesome experience on a light set up

Bunnyfoofoo

A Smart fishermen once told me, the fish don't see the rod or the line just the bait so to the ones that have a mortgage on fishing gear are the ones that really got hooked...

JohnZ

I agree except the line, Fish can see most lines in the right conditions :P

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

this thread is my favorite, spindilla made it perfect

• Like 1

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Bunnyfoofoo

2016 Ford F350 $36,000, 2016  Pro Team™ 195 TXW  Bass Boat and trailer $24,500, Fish-finder rods,tackle,net and bait $3000..........

Spongebob rod'n'reel combo $14.99, worms from Rockwood baits $5.00, Trophy bass caught by seven year old from shore.........Priceless

spindilla1
14 hours ago, Bunnyfoofoo said:

2016 Ford F350 $36,000, 2016  Pro Team™ 195 TXW  Bass Boat and trailer $24,500, Fish-finder rods,tackle,net and bait $3000..........

Spongebob rod'n'reel combo $14.99, worms from Rockwood baits $5.00, Trophy bass caught by seven year old from shore.........Priceless

One trip to the tree river. 50,000.  Nuff said.

No gear no truck.  One jet drive salmon boat 100k.

Nuff said again if you can find one.

Some Old Guy

Ok........ here goes............ might have to delete this.......... ummmm........

Difference between walleye fisher peoples and steelhead fisher peoples in our area.......

Walleye fisher peoples can and do pattern walleye to catch them all year long. Ummm except during April 14 and the third Saturday in May because the season is closed for some reason.

All in good fun folks! Ha ha!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Bunnyfoofoo
17 hours ago, Bunnyfoofoo said:

You don't need any special gear to catch any fish around here and that's a Fact!

My opinion. (stir...stir)

Clewis
On 3 June 2016 at 1:56 PM, spindilla1 said:

The reel in my screen shot is over 5 grand and you will never see it for sale because it's a collectors item.  A sage one spey rod cost over a thousand dollars......A fast river boat cost way more than a bass boat....

You can't go in the Niagara river with your two stroke outboard dude......You need a jet drive if your serious and fish serious river systems......

Oh yeah and mooching rods/reels and downrigging gear for salmon and trout....There are so many more ways to land a rainbow and salmon its just more fun and way more expensive and they fight better anyway.....

They can both cost a shitload to catch. You could spend the same amount on both and have success though.. I'll admit steelhead can definitely cost more.

manthew

Steelhead are trout that go into salt water and return to fresh water to spawn aren't they? Wouldn't that make the "steelhead" around here just rainbow trout? Stir stir