• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GC 54

SSSBT Announcement

GC 54

Since there is no longer a tournament forum on TBF, I have chosen to post on this forum, however, if necessary it can be moved.

The SSSBT has enjoyed 12 continuous years of success since its inception back in 2004, when Roger Mayer, Davis Viehbeck and Trevor Zimak formulated a one day live release smallmouth bass tournament. It has blossomed into a two day event with 75 teams, along with a strong base of very generous and continuous sponsors. But most importantly, a large number of the volunteers from the early years of the SSS are still volunteering, and many new ones along the way. This event cannot be run without volunteers.
As most of you know, I wanted to ‘pass the torch’ to another volunteer to take the lead as tournament director after the 2015 event. This did not happen and I made it clear that I would act as the tournament director for one more year only. Well the 2016 SSSBT has come and gone. It’s that time of the year now that plans need to get underway for the 13th annual tournament, and we need a tournament director. The tournament director doesn't need to be a fisherperson, but must have good organizational skills and a commitment to get the job done. The existing committee members are willing to work with the new tournament director to ensure the 13th annual SSSBT is a success.
Your SSSBT committee met this week to discuss plans going forward. Some ideas have come from some participants of the tournament, but no solid commitment has been expressed. And this is what is needed in a tournament director. Whether an individual wants to step forward or possibly a group/club that wants to take the reins and lead the 2017 SSSBT, the remaining committee members are willing to work with the new tournament director to ensure the 13th annual happens.
The SSSBT is financially stable, the committee works well together, but it has come time after 8 years involvement in various capacities that I step away and allow new blood to lead the team. You may not want to take on the responsibility, but maybe you know of someone who would be willing to make it happen, or even a group of individuals. Please contact one of the committee: Brad Rissanen, Trevor Zimak, Wayne Smith or Dave Stoot.
Thanks for all of your past support, whether as a volunteer, a sponsor, or a participant.
GC

• Like 1

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

BIG SMOKE

Thanks to you and all the volunteers for the many years of involvement!!  Thank you for allowing us all to fish in a local tournament.  Your hard work does not go unnoticed!