• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Iron Ranger

Any Old Timers Like Me

Iron Ranger

Any old timers like me head south to warmer climates after some terrific January fishing?

We stick around for sometimes some great fishing in December and January, So far it's been pretty good on a neighbor lake for Walleye. You have to hit the lake before sunrise and fish until 9:00 at least. It has been okay in the evening until dark. Always manage a few each time. I just love fishing local, I love coming back to our home after a mornings fishing and smell my wife's coffee cake coming out of the oven.

Up until this year we have always headed up to Clearwater west for the lake trout opener, My shoulders have been bothering me so bad that so that trip is out. thankfully my friends and family are making it up there for some Trout fishing.

We are set to leave for Florida the middle of Feb. We own a townhouse unit about 300 yards from the Gulf of Mexico. I have a bay boat (22') and a mooring to dock it at. The Snook and Redfish fishing can be terrific.

Just curious if anyone heads south for at least some sun and warm winds.

For those that stay in fish in Gods country for the winter, God bless you and good luck.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

eyelander

Nope, furthest south in Minnesota I have been is Minneapolis for a concert back in the late 70's and furthest south in the US was in New York, Oneida I believe, back in 2006 for a training course my workplace sent me to. I like ice fishing too much, LOL!!!!!

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance