• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

gsambray

Arrow lake ice conditions

gsambray

Any info on the ice condition?  Heading there Saturday. I will be on foot and expecting slush. Just wondering on ice thickness. I usually access through moose beach so it's a short distance from the narrows and hoping it's ok to go

ottoman82

I was out there friday.  I made access from the narrows to the point near moose bay.  There is a mix of hard packed snow with 2-4 inches of slush in areas.  I suggest staying to a hard packed trail if there is one.  There is 12-16 inches of ice.  Cheers.

gsambray

Sounds better than i expected. With this colder temps I'm sure it will improve more by Saturday. Thanks for the info

riverrunner

Went to arrow yesterday, ice conditions were great with zero slush. Fishing was OK, hard to move around that much with some crazy winds. All fish caught were in the top 25ft of the water column no matter what the depth was.

We would mark fish down deeper, like 60-80ft and would get follows but no hitsno matter what we put on, I don't think they were Lakers, any ideas what they could have been?? Cisco?

Good luck this weekend!

• Like 1

Jayfishin

Do you access Arrow from the campground rd or is there a better way?  I have never been there and was hoping to check it out for Lakers.

Jay

riverrunner

We accessed it from the campground Rd on foot, a bit of a walk but not too bad.

Goodluck!

gsambray

Was out both days this weekend. Saturday a zoo and Sunday was next to nobody out there. It was an off weekend for me. Couldn't catch a laker to save my life. Yet all around me people were catching. Made up for it though. A quick run to Addie and some amazing walleye fishing. Limit of 15 to 17 inch fish in less than an hour

• Like 1

ottoman82

How is the current ice conditions after the snow?  I'm looking to spend more time fishing than getting stuck in slush lol.  Is the trail through moose bay passable with a side x side?  

levi64

I was out yesterday with a couple of guys with sleds. Never encountered any slush, lots of snow, it was a whiteout out there yesterday afternoon. Fishing was good. Didn't go in through Moose Bay so I can't comment on the trail,

ottoman82

Thanks for the update levi64.  I will try and see how far I make it with the side x side

gsambray

Was out Saturday. Trail to moose bay was good. Starting to get some slush on the lake but the fishing was fantastic. Caught a lot of smaller lakers and kept a nice 7 pounder and a smaller 5 as it inhaled my hook. All my fish came from bottom. About 50-60 fow and my jig was about 2 feet off bottom. And the weather was perfect

• Like 2

Red_Nuck

Thinking of heading out there Friday by the narrows, how far is the walk? Don't have a sled and the Mrs can't walk too far due to a back injury...

Is the road to the camps plowed?

RatherBeFishin

If u were to fish by the narrows it is mybe a km walk to where u would fish approximatly i think. Its not plowed right up to camp grounds. Should be a descently packed trail though due to sleds. Mybe 1.5km. But not overly far. 

RatherBeFishin

Where is this moose bay i hear about ? 

If u dont mind me asking. 

We fished the far west end last weekend and did great also. Nothing to big but lots of fish. All in 60 fow and they seemed to be hugging the bottom. 

Red_Nuck

Thanks for the info, so plowed approximately to where the road cuts off to the private camps?

I get the impression that moose bay is the larger of the two small bays just west of the narrows...I could be wrong tho

arvey
20 hours ago, RatherBeFishin said:

Where is this moose bay i hear about ? 

If u dont mind me asking. 

We fished the far west end last weekend and did great also. Nothing to big but lots of fish. All in 60 fow and they seemed to be hugging the bottom. 

Not sure if you found what you wanted to know , there's a road that goes to the right after the camp rd. I'm pretty sure that takes you to moose bay. I know that rd. has a culvert and a bay on the left on the right is a small pond , it should take you to the lake . I wouldn't try getting on at that culvert the little creek has a pretty good current it flows from the pond to the lake.  might not be to safe . hope this helps.

tronnyd88

ive been wondering about moose bay also ive camped at arrow my whole life but i have my own names for all the spots 

arvey
7 minutes ago, tronnyd88 said:

ive been wondering about moose bay also ive camped at arrow my whole life but i have my own names for all the spots 

When you come out of the narrows there's 2 bays to the right I believe the second one is moose bay and at the back of that bay is where the culvert is and a creek flows in .

arvey
31 minutes ago, RatherBeFishin said:

Ahhhh !!! Clear as mud arvey 🤣

sorry . what I had said earlier to your question is how you get to that bay in the winter. the rd. goes right past moose bay and heads to the lake once on the lake the bay is on your left.  I tried.

RatherBeFishin

Hahaha. No worries at all. I did kinda figure that out. Thanks for the help arvey ! 

Hunter

The rd. to the right goes to the cottages and the culvert that you are talking about on that road is not moose bay.After you go past that culvert and up the rd. towards the cottages there is a rd. off to your left that goes down to moose bay.

arvey
33 minutes ago, Hunter said:

The rd. to the right goes to the cottages and the culvert that you are talking about on that road is not moose bay.After you go past that culvert and up the rd. towards the cottages there is a rd. off to your left that goes down to moose bay.

okay. last summer I fished in the very back of the bay and there was a culvert and a rd. I also saw people with vehicles at the beach so I assumed that was moose bay I was in. I thought the camp rd is the one with a gate across it. my mistake.