• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

gsambray

Arrow lake ice conditions

Hunter

The road with the gate goes to a gravel pit the road you saw at the culvert goes to camps. Where you saw the people on the beach is no overnight camping and is Moose beach and is known as moose bay.That beach is part of the park.

allymeagan

I've never ice fished at Arrow, and was thinking of trying it on Monday...if it's not raining lol.  I'll be walking in, and I'm assuming if I follow the skidoo trails I'll know approximately where to fish by where the other holes are?  Anyone been out lately to say how the trail is?  Might be a mess with the warm temps we're looking at.  Fishing lakers is a whole new ballgame for me, but I'm looking forward to trying it!

• Like 1

speckmaster

There is a learning curve but once you start, you'll be hooked!!

• Like 2

ottoman82

Has anyone been on Arrow lake by the Narrows in the last few days with the warmer weather?  I was wondering how sloppy it is and ice conditions.  Thanks

Scojik

Was out on Sunday fished off the point near moose beach.  Ice was good it was random snow covered and wind swept.  We walked out and there was one "puddle" near us but nothing was concerning.  Fishing was slow .  I can imagine its a bit messy after the rain though

• Like 1

ottoman82

Thanks for the update Scojik.  I'm sure it will be sloppy now with all the crazy weather.  

adam_k

Was out Monday where we were fishing there was about 6-8" of slush fishing was good fished from 9-1 caught 7 used rogers techniques from his post got 6 jiggin 1 on the still 

cheers

• Like 1

adam_k

Be careful out there on the ice!

thought I was posting this in another topic but can't figure how to move it so it will stay in this topic!

cheers

gsambray

Heading out on Saturday morning. Figure I might as well get as much time in as possible since there may be an early thaw. Anyone been out this week that can say on what the slush and water situation is. 

Zackcorbin1401

I am heading out today I will post later tonight on the ice conditions

ottoman82

I was out yesterday around moose bay/narrows and there is a good mix of half frozen slush.  I made it around out there in my side by side with no issues.   There is a good 20" plus of ice out there.  I'm sure this colder weather will help a bit.  Cheers

• Like 1

ottoman82

Not too much.  Most of the snow and slush is frozen. Cheers

ottoman82

There are sleds out here though

gsambray

Caught one on Saturday. Not a good day either. Almost hit a moose at the top of sandstone hill then the road into arrow was a fricken skating rink at the narrow cliff spot. Busted up my bumper thanks to slamming into the snow bank. And then on the way out having to do multiple runs at the hill. Oh yeah my one laker I didn't even get to take home thanks to an eagle. The signs were saying go home watch tv and drink beer. So I listened. One weekend off and then two days of nolalu fish derby for this guy

Zackcorbin1401

I went out Friday afternoon and seen one fish follow me on the marcum but he wouldn't commit I also went out Sunday morning I didn't mark one fish all day.

ottoman82

I had no luck saturday either.  Had 5 show up on the graph and only one gave chase, turned and left.    Thursday I had one on in shallow water but lost it at the hole

Zackcorbin1401

Honestly I have no clue if I'm fishing in the right spot or not I've only been out to the lake 2 times in my life.

ottoman82

I'm learning the water as well.  I grew up out there but never fished for lakers.  We always fished in the summer only and usually for bass.  There really isn't any bathymetry for this lake unless you chart it yourself. Here are some old maps from 1966 I dug up from the library.  They help a bit.  Cheers

FM 5 (E) - Arrow Lake.pdf

FM 05(W) Arrow Lake 1966.pdf

levi64
9 hours ago, gsambray said:

Caught one on Saturday. Not a good day either. Almost hit a moose at the top of sandstone hill then the road into arrow was a fricken skating rink at the narrow cliff spot. Busted up my bumper thanks to slamming into the snow bank. And then on the way out having to do multiple runs at the hill. Oh yeah my one laker I didn't even get to take home thanks to an eagle. The signs were saying go home watch tv and drink beer. So I listened. One weekend off and then two days of nolalu fish derby for this guy

Well I was thinking my Saturday was bad, but now I'm thinking I made out like a champ.  That is one bad day gsambray.

Red_Nuck

Anyone know how the slush has been recently?

Zackcorbin1401

It's been cold I'd doubt there is any

• Like 1

Scojik

When I was out last Sunday everything was solid and the wind was cold as all He77 with temps not really warming up this week I can't imagine there being any Slush.  I'm not sure if there would be any snow to cool the Sleds either tho however I am not fortunate enough to own such a gadget so I"m not an expert to say other wise. :)

naden

I was on a few lakes in that area last weekend and all of them were almost completely bare ice, had trouble keeping the sleds cool and a few guys had their sliders stick to the tracks