• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest fishinbuddy

Hunting shack on crown land

Guest fishinbuddy

If a hunting shack is left on crown land for more than 21 days does the ministry go out and actually remove them? We had a hunting shack up a side road off highway 527. I admit we left it up for a little longer than the 21 days. We went out Thursday Nov. 15 with the intention of hunting for the weekend and packing it up on Sunday for the season. When we got there Thursday night it was gone, and from the tracks in the light snow that was on the ground it looks like it was taken that day. Ruined our weekend we had planned. So I'm wondering if the MNR has taken it down or has it been stolen? It was a custom made 10' x 15' shack with bolt together 2x3 walls, peaked roof, light brown lumber tarp walls and a swinging door, cost a couple bucks to build.

Thanks

Dean

Dean I know this from my own experience. The MNR put a notice up on my shack a few years back saying that it had to be removed or fines will be applicable. I think it was $10 a day back then. I have heard of them burning down permanent stuctures in the bush, but never of them just removing them without any notice.I hate to say it but i think you might have been ripped off.

Fishinbuddy

Dean

Ya, we were pretty sure it was stolen, last time we were out there was no ministry letter or anything like that. I'd thought I'd check though, I'd have felt a lot better if the MNR had taken it. I'm still peeved about it, ruined our weekend we had planned. Can't believe the nerve of some people.

I read the post about the guys who drive down the road honking, what a bunch of losers. I really hope they get whats coming to them.

Dean