• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Trevor Zimak

Rainbows running already!

Trevor Zimak

Scholar of mine said he was out over the weekend.  Said he caught 8! Including this 29" monster! 

IMG_0452.JPG

• Like 1

RatherBeFishin

Bahahahahaha !!!! This outta be good. Lol !!!!! 

Walleeslayer

Wow that's crazy !! Il have to go out tonight then maybe il bring my auger and tip ups 

Bobber Down

Congrats. Yep. Saw him or someone with that colour hoodie fishing there. Didn't see him catch it though. Sorry I missed the action. There have been people fishing there on and off for several weeks now. It hasn't opened up past the docks yet. Early birds get the worm!!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Bobber Down
4 minutes ago, Walleeslayer said:

Wow that's crazy !! Il have to go out tonight then maybe il bring my auger and tip ups 

You can bring em but there is no ice fishing allowed by order of the Harbor Master. Just cast from shore you might get lucky.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Fishbum

Wooooowwwwww... zimmer interested in steelhead( or as the rookie calls em rainbows :rolleyes: )    maybe we've recuited a new NSSA member here....

Bobber Down

For anyone interested in fishing at the mouth of the Current River this is Zone 9 NOT zone 6. Check the regs as some limits and sizes are different for zone 9. Zone 9 also extends up river to the downstream edge of the bridge you see in the first post Trevor made.

Also, anyone fishing/casting from shore like at the Marina area etc you are actually fishing (WE waters edge) zone 9. Even if you think you are standing on zone 6 land you are not.

mad scientist
2 hours ago, Bobber Down said:

the mouth of the Current River this is Zone 9 NOT zone 6. Check the regs as some limits and sizes are different for zone 9. Zone 9 also extends up river to the downstream edge of the bridge

http://files.ontario.ca/environment-and-energy/fishing/241406.pdf

Capture.JPG

I'm going out to fish. - John 21:3

salmonider

Beauty fish!

• Like 1

Practice CPS, catch , photo, stringer.

ok, calm down I'm kidding!

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Pretty sure he wins the first fish award. Let me know when they are hitting top water.

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Zackcorbin1401

I seen a photo last week of a 29" caught there

arvey

Wow zone 9 zone 6 when we were kids we just went down and fished.  They sure don't make it easy for young kids to go and fish like really what 12 yr old is going to be reading regs.

Blackfootbaits

I remember fishing there when the hatchery was still there.  Back then there were lots of walleye, rainbow, pike and atlantic salmon.  Oh and tons of smelts.

Used to ride our bikes down Grenville hill.  Needed a spotter at the bottom as most of us didn't have brakes.  Those were the days.

• Like 1

shmanks

Got that steel fever! Still going to be a bit for the other rivers tho :(

Keegan4

Anyone know what the needing-macyntyre floodway looks like? Is it still iced over?

arvey
14 minutes ago, Keegan4 said:

Anyone know what the needing-macyntyre floodway looks like? Is it still iced over?

Not sure on the floodway but Junot and expressway area still has ice.

eyelander

Rode my bike beside it and crossed it yesterday, it is still mostly ice covered but it is going to be gone very shortly.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Keegan4

I'm getting the itch to get out fishing for steel agian 

shmanks

Well going to go check out some rivers tomorrow and drop a line. Anyone else been out yet? How's the rivers looking

Some Old Guy

Just drove over the macintyre river in a few spots. All still iced over. Not sure about the Neebing though. 

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

RatherBeFishin

Neebing is open below the weir. But high and dirty due to the runoff. 

brookiebuster

Fish being caught in the mac right now.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

JohnZ
1 hour ago, brookiebuster said:

Fish being caught in the mac right now.

Mackenzie or Macintyre?

Seen one caught today in the neebing.

brookiebuster

Macintyre

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

shmanks

No luck at the macintyre today the river was empty went and tried the neebing and landed one and lost one,feels good to get out