• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest brkygetr

Stocking lists

Guest brkygetr

hey all...first of all new to this board...so would just like to introduce myself..."HELLO"....

anyways now on to the serious stuff...

i am looking for stocking lists in the Dryden/Kenora region....being from Fort Frances I checked with the MNR office here and talked to the biologist only to find out that only 'one' laked is stocked in their region. As an avid trout fisherman I am interested in some other options in the area...any help or links would be appreciated......

Thanks

Brkygetr

Guest MNR

Answer:

Some of the information that you’re looking for is listed on page 74-75 of the 2005-2006 Fishing Summary (available at licence issuer outlets). Lakes listed under the heading “Additional Fishing Opportunities” “Open Year Round” are the lakes that we have stocked with Brook Trout and Lake Trout. Almost all of the lakes in the table have latitude and longitude coordinates as well as Township locations and the fishing division that they are located in.

In Thunder Bay district, we partnered with Crimestoppers a few years ago and printed a colour glossy book that details all of the stocked lakes in Thunder Bay. The book is still available at several retail outlets for only $5.00. (DNR on Memorial Ave has them)

What you won’t find in the fishing summary are the lakes that have been stocked with splake.

I will put together a table for the entire northwest region that will be posted on this site in the near future that will include more information about our stocked lakes.

Ross Johnston

Community Liaison

Conservation Officer

Suite B001, 435 S. James St.

Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6S8

Telephone: 807-475-1521

Facsimile: 807-475-1527

Email: ross.johnston@ontario.ca