• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

Trying this out

Some Old Guy

Hi all,

I'm trying out this EBAY thing at the top of the page. I'm trying to rig it so it shows only fishing and hunting stuff. Would any of you use it? Please let me know.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

gone fishin'

Hi, I use EBay alot- too much according to my wife- but I doubt I would use the ad/link at the top of the page. If I wanted something I would just go to the EBay site. I have bought lots of fishing tackle from EBay at fairly good deals, especially on Rapalas, but in general you can also get most items in town for a similar price and keep the local economy going. So my vote would be against having the link. It also adds more clutter to the web page. However, if EBay is paying you to have the ad up, then that's another story!

Some Old Guy

Hi Gonefishin',

I would only get paid if someone actually bought anything from clicking on that link. I too think it's cluttering the web page a bit too.

There are a couple of other options I can try to support this website to keep it going.

I'll see what I can do.

Roger

Guest aanii84

I think that this is a great website. Its always very helpful and interesting, and much appreciated. Whatever you can do to help keep it going sounds like a great idea, and if you can make a buck or two on the side i would say that you deserve it. If theres anything I or all members could be doing to help please let us know.

Thanks

Guest TerryK

Roger,

One site I post on regularly has set up a Paypal donation button on the page. Most regulars donate a small amount once in a while to help offset the cost to the admin. It works great and every year a particular member donates, he/she gets a "Site Supporter" date icon under their avitar. This also helps members feel like a viable part of the site, not just a lurker. Works for them, and I'm sure it can work for you.

Terry

Some Old Guy

Thanks burkie and Terry.

I don't mind getting the updating done and working on this site. (techwhiz really helps out) But it's server space, registering domains and such that can dig at the pocket book and I was just seeing what I can do so this site pays for it's self. I'm not looking to get rich.....Well from this anyways I just want to cover costs. As for having the paypal button on the page I'm just not sure how to go about it or if anyone would use it.

Roger

Guest loggerpete

I buy stuff from E-bay all the time but its mostly old Hudson bay stuff or North West company or just plane fur traping artifacts.Winter time I buy lots of Hockey Football and Baseball cards to.I`d use it if I see something I like.

gone fishin'

Thanks burkie and Terry.

I don't mind getting the updating done and working on this site. (techwhiz really helps out) But it's server space, registering domains and such that can dig at the pocket book and I was just seeing what I can do so this site pays for it's self. I'm not looking to get rich.....Well from this anyways I just want to cover costs. As for having the paypal button on the page I'm just not sure how to go about it or if anyone would use it.

Roger

Hi, Roger, I would use the PayPal contribution button- and you know how to track me down to make sure I keep my word! :D

I didn't know such a thing existed. I would bet that there are enough members who would contribute to such a thing that it would offset all of your costs, and pay for a nice night out for you and techwiz and anyone else involved in all the time it takes to keep this board going.

Guest Big Moose

Hey,Roger I'm sure alot of the members wouldn't mind droping a bit of small $$ to keep the site rolling I know I would. B)