• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest x_Monika18

Deer License

Guest x_Monika18

Hello, I have a few questions.

1.I am in Winnipeg on Study permit and I have been here for over 3 years, plus I live in apartment, would I be considered as a resident for buying a deer license?

2.To be able to buy a deer license, what else do I need other than money, id and proper age?

3.If I buy a deer license, do I have to shoot the deer or can someone else do it for me? And if someone else can, what are the rules behind this?

Thank you very much for possible answers.

Guest MNR

1. For the purposes of hunting in Ontario, a resident is a person whose primary residence is in Ontario, and who has resided in Ontario for a period of at least six consecutive months during the previous 12 months before the time that the person’s residence is relevant. Therefore, if you live in Winnipeg, you would be considered a Non-resident and would have to follow the non-resident licensing and season requirements.

2. To be able to purchase a Non-resident deer hunting licence, you would be required to produce one of the following:

An Ontario non-resident’s hunting licence issued to you after Janurary 1, 1968

A hunting licence issued to you by a competent authority in any jurisdiction as a resident of that jurisdiction after January 1, 1968.

An Ontario Hunter Education Examination Report or Certificate issued to you after January 1, 1968.

An Ontario Hunting Licence Verification Certificate showing that you were issued an Ontario licence to hunt, or passed the Hunting Licence Examination.

A certificate, issued to you after January 1, 1968 by a competent authority in any jurisdiction, giving you permission to purchase a resident’s hunting licence in that jurisdiction.

A non –resident who wishes to hunt in Ontario must be 16 years of age or older. Check for season dates and guide requirements for the area you wish to hunt in.

3. Non-residents can party hunt moose, deer or bear. The party hunting rules are:

A person may hunt moose, deer or black bear in a party even if the person has previously attached his or her game seal to a moose, deer or black bear. The term “Party Hunting” means two or more persons hunting during an open season for moose, deer or black bear under all of the following conditions:

• Each person has a valid licence to hunt moose, deer or black bear.

• The total number of moose, deer or black bear killed by the party does not exceed the total number of game seals held by the members of the party licensed to hunt that species.

• The total number of moose, deer or black bear of a specified sex, age or type killed by the party does not exceed the total number of game seals validated for that sex, age or type that are held by members of the party.

• All members of the party hunt together in the same Wildlife Management Unit or portion thereof for which the game seal is valid.

• Each member of the party hunts within five kilometres of the person who holds the game seal that is valid for the wildlife being hunted.

• Each member of the party must be able to reliably and immediately communicate with other members of the party.

• All members of the party, including the person who holds the seal that is valid for the wildlife that the party is hunting, actively participate in the hunt and hunt co-operatively.

The person who kills the wildlife while hunting in a party shall immediately notify all other members of the party the wildlife has been killed and the game seal holder shall immediately affix the game seal to the wildlife in the manner prescribed on the game seal.

At this point, party members at the kill site must determine the category of animals that may still be hunted. You must then make sure your other party members, who did not come to the kill site, are informed. The hunter in your party who killed the animal, and the hunter who attached the game seal, may continue hunting provided other members of your party possess valid, unused game seals.

If you have questions about party hunting, the best time to

get answers is before the hunt begins. Contact a Conservation

Officer at the MNR office in the district in which you will be

hunting.

Ross Johnston

Community Liaison

Conservation Officer

Suite B001, 435 S. James St.

Thunder Bay, ON P7E 6S8

Telephone: 807-475-1521

Facsimile: 807-475-1527

Email: ross.johnston@ontario.ca