• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

merc done with 2 strokes ...? verado mostly gone too?

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=900361

here is the post 

cut and pasted

It's official I stopped by my local dealer yesterday who was invited as 1 of the only 11 dealers attending Florida's lake X for demos. He advised me he has driven several new bass boats and pontoons and bay and flats boats with the new power plants, his exact words were they are a beast of a motor and all V8s starting at 200hp which he was not aware of until arrival. He will not order any new boats to his dealership until the new motors are available, he also advised me the optimax and pro xs line are done as of last week including verardo with the exception of the 350 and 400. He runs 2 300xs motors on his personal boat and said they are gone ASAP and will be ordering the new motors for his rig. He stated hole shot is phenomenal and torque is brutal and they get better fuel economy than optimax so where does that leave all the optimax owners as far as resale? He advised 10 years of part availability and then there done completely. So how many will invest in the first 2 to 3 years of this platform. Waiting to hear everyone's responses, also the 250 weighs in at 550 lbs i believe thanks

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President