• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Melinda

Crown land camping.....HELP

Melinda

Looking for some more Crown Land Camping spots, we have 21 foot camper. Will list where we have been already and would like to learn of some new spots, Thanks all for any input.

Been ----

Pace Lake

Kopka Lake

Drift Lake

Far Lake

Marks Lake

thanks again and looking forward to new suggestions

Thefishleclair

Edmunston Lake

Dog Lake

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

toma-hawk

Its way before  armstrong,on the  left side going up. You can also try decoursey is on right and smiley is left they are all together,before   eaglehead on 527.

Rick

MetalFishing
On 5/27/2018 at 9:43 PM, Melinda said:

thanks .... Edmunston is up armstrong ?

About 60km up the Armstrong highway. There’s a planting camp goin there in twelve days I believe so expect people depending on when ya head there.

Melinda

thanks all super helpful will check it out

Melinda

Would be neat to find some more spots as well, anyone can share please....have 21ft trailer

naden

Nelson, hoof, swallow, northern light, Madeleine, prelate, arrow, black sturgeon, Athelstane, honkonens narrows, east bay, windigoostigwan up the brule rd, kabigon, frazer, batwing, marks, Jesse, postagani, kabitotikwia, North fowl, Rita

naden

Some of the places I mentioned are better than others depending on how much gravel you want to drive on and how hard you want to be on your equipment

arvey
1 hour ago, naden said:

Nelson, hoof, swallow, northern light, Madeleine, prelate, arrow, black sturgeon, Athelstane, honkonens narrows, east bay, windigoostigwan up the brule rd, kabigon, frazer, batwing, marks, Jesse, postagani, kabitotikwia, North fowl, Rita

Arrow no longer has crownland camping provincial park all rental spots . 

naden
1 hour ago, arvey said:

Arrow no longer has crownland camping provincial park all rental spots . 

Last time I drove through arrow there was a few non reservation sites left for first come first serve, same as silver falls. But maybe a permit is still required?

naden

Also isn’t there a small camping area by the dam on arrow?

arvey
3 hours ago, naden said:

Also isn’t there a small camping area by the dam on arrow?

No you can't camp there anymore . At the narrows there was 40 camp sites 30 were put into a lottery 10 where left for first come first serve . Now it's reservation like Sybley , last year the provincial parks had 3000 reservations province wide this year it jumped to 17000 . 

naden
3 hours ago, arvey said:

No you can't camp there anymore . At the narrows there was 40 camp sites 30 were put into a lottery 10 where left for first come first serve . Now it's reservation like Sybley , last year the provincial parks had 3000 reservations province wide this year it jumped to 17000 . 

Yikes!

northofsouth

Still three spots at the dam on arrow.  People camping there last weekend. 

Fishog
6 hours ago, northofsouth said:

I would like to know if they were approached by any law enforcement and what happened if anything. 

Looks like the stay at home order will not be ending May 20th.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ontario-shutdown-may-20-expert-covid-1.6015825

Zackcorbin1401

Gotta love worst case Ontario.

• Like 3

forkhorn

I understand controlling the big crowds... but me and the kids going out and staying on island..? I wasn’t going to rely on the gubberment if things go south anyways. That’s on me. And from my experience of dealing with bad things in the bush it’s all you anyway. Police don’t go, paramedics don’t go. They tell you to call Lakehead Search and Rescue. So bring on the fanny packs. And SPOTS are only good for a call a few days later. But they do have there place with texting abilities to people that can make crap happen. Good tool but the SOS button is useless. So have good contacts. 

Joey
16 hours ago, forkhorn said:

I understand controlling the big crowds... but me and the kids going out and staying on island..? I wasn’t going to rely on the gubberment if things go south anyways. That’s on me. And from my experience of dealing with bad things in the bush it’s all you anyway. Police don’t go, paramedics don’t go. They tell you to call Lakehead Search and Rescue. So bring on the fanny packs. And SPOTS are only good for a call a few days later. But they do have there place with texting abilities to people that can make crap happen. Good tool but the SOS button is useless. So have good contacts. 

It doesn't sound like you have ever used the SOS button on a spot, otherwise you wouldn't be spreading false information.   I can tell you with confidence from experience that when you push the SOS button they do respond immediately and have been accessed by OPP within 45 minutes of pushing the button.  This was in a location far from any roads or easy access.  While I think we should be prepared to take care of ourselves while we are in a wilderness setting, It is dangerous to tell people that their SPOT or Inreach wont work.

• Like 3

speckmaster

That’s good to know Joey because I’ve worried about that. Luckily I have never had to use when we’ve been “back in the bush”, but I’m glad to hear that it works. 

arvey
On 5/9/2021 at 7:10 AM, northofsouth said:

Wow that's a surprise the camping was shut down when they started the lottery system at the narrows . Maybe they changed their minds or just not enforcing .

forkhorn
6 hours ago, Joey said:

It doesn't sound like you have ever used the SOS button on a spot, otherwise you wouldn't be spreading false information.   I can tell you with confidence from experience that when you push the SOS button they do respond immediately and have been accessed by OPP within 45 minutes of pushing the button.  This was in a location far from any roads or easy access.  While I think we should be prepared to take care of ourselves while we are in a wilderness setting, It is dangerous to tell people that their SPOT or Inreach wont work.

Like I said used the SOS button twice in my career and no immediate  assistance. The message to your go to contacts is what eventually got things going. Maybe things have changed in 4 years but I wouldn’t rely on the SOS button in my personal experience. If you got someone down the bush it’s on you. You could wait 40 hours and maybe something will occur.

I have one and they are good tools but don’t rely on that button. Have your contacts... they can organize local help. Quicker.... When poop hits the fan hit both.

I suggest everyone that spends a lot of times outdoors has one. It was our work policy that we had them 

forkhorn

And sorry to hijack this post. Some good camping in pits close to a lot of lakes and less bugs and people. 

• Thanks 1

Philip

I’m not sure how bad or nasty a rumour this is or if it is true......... heard CO’s waiting on Graham rd. turning people with campers or trailers around who are going to camp on crown land. Anyone else hear this?