• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Asleep_at_the_trigger

New to the area. As in the entirety of eastern Canada...

Asleep_at_the_trigger

Came to Thunder Bay to finish school from B.C. Suffice to say fishing here is very different from river fishing for salmon back home lol. I brought my coho rod and reel, which seems rather large compared to what I see the guys on the water using- 9.5' rod w/ Amassadeur 6500 reel- it does the trick though! kinda... I'm stuck on shore, no boat and no money for one as a student :( I'd appreciate any insight, locations, ideas, tackle suggestions, technique etc! I've put in three days in a rented canoe on Dog lake and three more evenings on the Kam outflow up Silver Creek Falls road and haven't even seen a fish, let alone had a hit or hooked into one. DnR recommended tackle- spinners behind a bottom dragging sinker, a small plastic fish with two trebble hooks and rattling beads inside it, and jigs. Lots of jigs.

Attached image is where I've been casting into mostly, "crooked rapids" according to google maps.

Thanks in advance!

Untitled.png

Bobber Down

Private Message sent

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

rybart

I too am here for school, engineering transfer by chance? If you want someone to go exploring bodies of water with, let me know cause I would enjoy the company. You in to fly fishing? Its frustrating trying to fish the Kam in town and seeing everyone rip down it in boats getting to all the fish! Haha