• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crossfire700

Borealis Lake

Guest Crossfire700

Is Borealis still being stocked or monitored at all? i was in there this season and i had to clear the trail to the lake.

I pulled a few fish out of there that weekend and from what i have heard no one else has caught a fish since.

Guest MNR

MNR Answer:

Borealis Lake (UTM 16-5195-54291, Lat. Long. 49° 01’N, 86° 19’W)) is managed by the Nipigon District Office. The lake has been stocked with Aurora Trout every 3 years since 2001.

Year Total Fish Stocked

2001 26,300

2002 13,000

2003 13,000

In the new 2008-2009 Fishing Summary, available at all licence issuers, Borealis Lake is listed under the exceptions to Zone 7 regulations on page 37. For 2008 and 2009 Borealis Lake is closed as a fishing sanctuary.

Remember, to construct a road or trail across public land, you need authorization from MNR in the form of a permit. There are no permit requirements to maintain an existing trail (remove deadfalls, brushing).