• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

naden

Moose Draw Results

naden

Moose draw results are available online or by phone today, I was fortunate enough to get an 11b cow tag in the northern resident draw.

https://www.on.wildlifelicense.com/start.php?eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJsYW5nIjoiMSJ9.QcEbjsyl6oIojXKWwJFrL__u8URkDoFmBGd-yG8kZ5k

Foozer

The usual crap results for us.

Nothing since 2011 for my father-in-law, nothing since 2012 for the brother-in-law, nothing for the wife again, and nothing for myself.

Then we come across a group that has 13 shooters with one bull tag and one cow tag in one of our old favorite spots last year.

Moose hunting is no longer becoming a joke - It Just Is!

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

arvey

Thanks for posting were to find the results. No tag again 5yrs in a row love the equality of this draw.

redotter

This will be the fourth season for me not receiving an archery moose tag.  I am an avid archery hunter.  This is a big disappointment for me as a hunter I am at the point now where I do not want to even practice with my bow.  We as hunters now have to speak up.  I believe paying $56.00 dollars for a random draw has to STOP!  Even the elk draw you pay $16.95 to enter draw if you are successful then you buy your licence.  I firmly believe we are at a time now to go to a point system.  As you pay an yearly entry fee you build preference points to receiving a licence.  When you earn enough points you receive a tag that year and start over.  Moose hunting is a large investment in time and money  scouting preparing etc. i.e. archery practice.

I also believe the wildlife managers have a number of how many moose can be harvested.  Therefore when we purchase a licence it should not matter weather we want to harvest with a bow or rifle and we can still stick to seasons.

i also believe as hunters our success rates are too high right now due to hunting methods.  It is definitely not in favour of our beloved moose.  We all want to be able to get a moose tag therefore we need to reduce our success rate.  Examples of this are not being able to use vehicles to hunt i.e. Your firearm of choice must be encased while in vehicle.  You can only use a vehicle to retrieve an animal once harvested. Things like Garmin rhinos with gps capabilities need to be prohibited.  A group of people know when they have an animal corralled.  Mandatory reporting we all carry cell phones tablets and computers wildlife managers will know when they have hit there harvest number.  More population monitoring use our licence dollars for managing moose.  These are things other jurisdictions have instituted why do we have to play catch up.  It is pretty bad when I am looking at hunting opportunities in the United States and other provinces because we don't have them in our back yard.

Well that's my rant thanks for providing a venue to voice my disappointment.

Yours in hunting.

Jayfishin

My dad, son and I are taking a break from moose hunting for this year (and next too obviously). Not donating our money to the MNR this year. We don't have enough Group 1 people in our hunting group for archery anymore so going to give the moose a break and concentrate on the healthy deer population. Wish the MNR would do something productive regarding moose management and the addressing all factors affecting the moose declines.

RatherBeFishin

Anyone else have any luck on tags ? And if so what areas. 

Porkchop21

After having no tags last year things have turned around. Got a bull and cow tag for 15B, 4 people, all applied individually 

Buck 120

No tag for our group.  I was successful in the Northern draw for 15B.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

randomheroj

buddy got an archery Cow tag in 13 so i guess we got no tag hahaha

hunt or be hunted

Cow tag 16b for gun, 4 guys al applied individual 

Zackcorbin1401

I got a Cow tag gun season  21a.

nwodeerhunter

No group tag, I got a Bull Tag for 15B in the norther draw.

Tikka T3 Stainless/Laminate 300 WSM
Tikka T3 Stainless/Synthetic .243Win
Benelli Supernova RealTree APG 12Ga.