• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
arvey

deer feeders

arvey

I had a couple of feeders in the garage I wasn't using , then I found this frame at a yard sale , got them cheap. Painted them up and good to go , have a nice spot i'm going to try them at.

DSCF7005.JPG

Thefishleclair

Nice

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

Nnev

That's pretty cool!

I have similar feeders but have had problems with bears beating them up or just flat out stealing them. I've started building rigs with pulleys and rope to hang them 12 feet up and 6 feet away from the tree suspended so they don't climb the trees and swat them down (again). Bears are the bane of my existence.

arvey
2 hours ago, Nnev said:

That's pretty cool!

I have similar feeders but have had problems with bears beating them up or just flat out stealing them. I've started building rigs with pulleys and rope to hang them 12 feet up and 6 feet away from the tree suspended so they don't climb the trees and swat them down (again). Bears are the bane of my existence.

yes I had the same trouble , even had pictures at one time of one climbing the tree and knocking the feeder down , in this spot I have partly open area so I plan to put this one in the open   along the tree line so they'll feel safe  and not too early. I shot my buck last year there. good luck to you this yr. 

Nnev

Maybe i'll take a picture of my rig. I'm thinking of putting some camera's out this weekend.

jonut13

I hung mine 8 feet in the air last year and had two of my power heads busted off by bucks so the feed would free pour.

It's funny how fast they figure it out

arvey
3 hours ago, Nnev said:

Maybe i'll take a picture of my rig. I'm thinking of putting some camera's out this weekend.

sounds good.

arvey
2 hours ago, jonut13 said:

Oh yes they can both 10 pointers I shot last year and the year before looked right at me or in my direction and I was in a blind both times. The first one I was 15 ft in the air in a blind , I could hear him coming down the trail he stopped at the feed pile and looked right at me before eating it was like well you gonna shoot. Last season was in a ground blind burping and can calling he come out to fight another buck that had just showed up again he looked right at me first. they are smart for sure.

TroutHunter

I have a similar feeder that i hang about 10ft in a tree, but ive duct taped a piece of burlap around the bottom where the feed comes out so it concentrates the feed and doesnt scatter it in a 20ft radius.  Kind of counter productive to what the feeder is supposed to do, but it seems to be working out fine for me, and the deer don't complain!

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

Nnev
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:28 PM, TroutHunter said:

I have a similar feeder that i hang about 10ft in a tree, but ive duct taped a piece of burlap around the bottom where the feed comes out so it concentrates the feed and doesnt scatter it in a 20ft radius.  Kind of counter productive to what the feeder is supposed to do, but it seems to be working out fine for me, and the deer don't complain!

I found that clumping up the food gave some good meals to a lot of bears where if it was spread out deer would graze and bears would get bored. Either way Blue Jays got fat as hell!